Chapter 3

After comforting Emily and making sure that she is fine, Natasha left. On her way back home, she was thinking and blaming herself for Emily's condition. When she first met Derek, she thought he was a nice guy. Emily asked her if she should date Derek. Natasha had told her that she thought he was nice and as long as they two were happy together, Emily should date him. The first few months of their relationship were good but then both of them started getting possessive of each other. Derek abused her for the first time when he failed in a test and he blamed it on Emily. The first time he slapped her was when Emily was with his best friend at a party. The abusing continued. Natasha felt like she couldn't help her best friend. She couldn't save her. Emily used to cry all the time and have panic attacks when they fought. She also used to call up Natasha and tell her she wants to die. She once called up Natasha and told her to take care of her parents. Natasha didn't understand at first but then she got it and somehow managed to convince Emily to wait until the next day. Natasha and Emily had a deep conversation and Emily finally agreed she won't commit suicide for Derek, her parents were way more important and they needed her. Natasha felt very bad for Emily. She couldn't see her that way. And she couldn't do anything about it. She couldn't help her best friend, she felt miserable and worthless, because what are best friends for? She thought. She once called up Derek and talked to him for an entire hour. She asked him what his problem was. Derek said he always acted in the heat of the moment and he couldn't control what he does. He felt very pathetic himself. At first Natasha thought that Derek might be disturbed or maybe her father is as abusive so he is brought up in such an environment. But after she found out that Derek cheated on Emily she was raged. Emily broke up with him and she was grief-stricken. It went on for a few weeks. Then Derek wrote a huge apology letter and Emily accepted it despite of Natasha's disapproval. Natasha and Emily even fought over it. But then Natasha apologized and said "I just wanted the best for you, but I can't force you. It's your life, and you should make your choices. As your best friend, I am always by your side when you need me." Natasha was thinking about all these troubles they had gone through in the past. And Derek the "asshole" as Natasha called him caused most of the problems. And Natasha couldn't do anything about it. She felt really bad. But she could control her emotions, or so she thought and she shrugged it all away at the back of her mind. She took a few deep breaths and said "everything is going to be fine" that's what she always did. Then she put a fake smile on her face before entering her house.

It was dinner time. Natasha, hector and their mom were seated in the kitchen and were eating. "so, are we going tomorrow?" Natasha asked. "Yes, but we have to be back by 2pm" Natasha's mom answered. "I'll have to get up early then, and how's that going to happen?" Natasha said sighing and drinking a bit of water. "You're going to wake up in the 'MORNING'? What a joke" hector said before laughing. Natasha narrowed her eyes and glared at hector. "you will have to wake up at least at 8 Natasha so that we can leave by 10 and be back by 2" Natasha's mom said in a serious tone. "Okay" Natasha said sadly. Natasha slept a lot she slept at around 3-3:30 and got up at noon. And it was very difficult to wake her up. She slept like she was on drugs. No amount of sound could wake her up, until she wanted to wake up.

At night Natasha cleaned her bed, brushed her teeth, took a shower and set the alarm in her phone for 7 am, 7:10 am, 7:30 am, 7:45 am and 8am. Then she lied in her bed hoping to fall asleep. She decided she wouldn't read as it wouldn't help her sleep. So she started counting sheep. She reached 687, 688, 689, when she heard her father come home. She got out of her room and saw her father and mother were in the kitchen. They didn't see her. They were arguing. She wanted to know what they were arguing about and then she didn't want to know what they were arguing about. She closed her eyes and then opened them. She went in her room and after 10 minutes she was fast asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

KEEP READING.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE BOOK, COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

YOU PEOPLE ARE MY ONLY MOTIVATION. J