Chapters 11-20

Chapter 11

I wanted to believe that somehow, he would be different from the director.

But the grand duke stared at my skirt with an unpleasant look. He stared at it as if he could see my legs under the ankle-length skirt.

"Gwand Duke?"

He didn't answer my call. Instead, he stood up and dragged the serving cart closer to the bed.

Then the grand duke gently pulled my hand and sat me on the stool where he was seated earlier.

"Open your mouth."

"Pardon?"

I wanted to ask what he's going to do.

But the grand duke was faster. In a flash, he removed the lid that covered the dish that was placed on the serving cart.

Then he fed me a spoonful of soup. Everything happened so fast.

"Aht......! Aht, aht!"

I don't think it has been that long since the soup was made because it was still very hot.

Tears welled up and my lips parted. The soup flowed out of my lips.

I had no time to think of what had become of my new clothes.

"Shuelina!"

The startled grand duke exclaimed as he returned the spoon on the serving cart. I looked up at him with glistening eyes.

"It too hwot!"

My already short pronunciation became shorter because of my injured tongue.

What have I done...... It's hard to make a delicious soup......

"My cwothes...... My pajamas......"

I lowered my head, expecting that my new pajamas would've been ruined by the soup, but it was surprisingly clean.

It was thanks to the grand duke's quick hands that caught the soup the moment I spit it out.

"Isn't it hwot, Gwand Duke?"

(Isn't it hot, Grand Duke?)

I worried about the grand duke's hands.

'The soup was really hot......'

What if the grand duke's hands get a burn? He might kick me out for daring to hurt his hands.

"Clothes? That doesn't matter right now! Stick your tongue out."

The grand duke looked upset. He harshly told me that he didn't care about the clothes.

'I don't think my tongue's condition is that bad. Something like this never happened before......'

Surprisingly, he seemed to be genuinely worried about me. I blankly blinked my eyes.

Would it have been like this if it was the father who rejected the real 'Shuelina'?

I couldn't tell what emotions I'm feeling right now. They're all mixed up. My eyes welled up with tears.