Chapters 31-40

Chapter 31

Lucas, who was rooted to the spot he had been standing, when looking around he could see the bystanders looking his way.

'I'm going to be part of some new rumors again.'

Lucas looked at Azuela, who was biting her lips.

Azuela, who turned her back to the people gathering, tried to hide her expression, only her eyes flashed showing her true intentions.

"Oraboni, I have something to ask for."

"You should ask a servant if you want something."

"Please. Please stop our father's next disappearance..."

Azuela begged Lucas to stop the emperor's next trip out of the palace.

"Why should I do that?"

"Father Emperor often goes undercover. I just want a little time so our family can spend time together..."

"I see, it was just useless nonsense."

"I heard that when Empress Mother was still alive, Oraboni enjoyed a lot of love and affection. But I, I... "

Azuela stated her reasons earnestly as if she was longing for the love of her family. The blush on her cheek looked very sad.

In the shock of the empress's death, the emperor, who was sweet and friendly, became cold and distant. Because of that, young Azuela often used that fact to gain people's sympathy.

'How dare you talk about my Empress Mother with your mouth.'

Lucas glared at Azuela with his lips hardening into a thin line.

His spirit power is that he can detect the truth. It's certainly true that when Azuela said that she wanted to spend time with everyone wasn't a lie...

'It's only a casual gathering.'

This open honesty in her mind is only possible because she didn't know that he was reading her inner thoughts, but that contrast was really amazing.

He could see a heart stained with evil intentions on the inside, but on the outside, she had a pitiful and lovely expression.

The Azuela in front of him right now reminded him of her mother, Empress Eleina.

Not just the appearance of their flaming red aura, but the attitude of lying and acting pitiful was exactly the same.

Both mother and daughter have black hair and pretend that they are the most elegant and beautiful lady in the world.

"You're trying to stop what Father Emperor is doing for such personal reasons."

Being undercover was the emperor's most important task.

How would Lucas, who is only ten years old, stop the emperor's actions?

But Azuela was pretty quick and cunning.

She knew that the emperor does not trust anyone in this castle, the only exception is his son.

Because of that reason, whenever she wanted to say something to the emperor, but he didn't side with her then she would run to Lucas right away.

"Ah... It certainly is, for a personal reason... "

Transparent tears fluttered in Azuela's eyes.

She seemed to be blaming him for not listening to her even though she was doing this for the sake of their family.