Chapters 61-70

Chapter 61

I boldly skipped through the room I had seen with the Grand Duke a while ago, immediately opening the door to another room.

'Why were there yellow lights through the cracks of the door...?'

A lot of yellow light poured out of the gap as I slowly opened the door, and this time, I was nervous about something else.

Nothing inside the room was perfectly displayed, the entirety of it was just filled with what looked almost like a flowing, golden river.

"Meowww!"

At my surprise, I accidentally tightened the grip of my arms holding Miya, and she cried out immediately.

"Sorry, sorry, I got too excited..."

"Meoww."

Miya jumped out of my arms as we got closer to the golden river.

"Miya! What am I to do if you suddenly run like that!"

I shouted in surprise but Miya just blinked at me a few times as if it was just okay and ran around the golden river. Her golden footprints on the floor were shaped like little jellyfish.

"Ah, I guess this is the source of that rumor!"

"Huh?"

'It was Franc,' she exclaimed with a face full of curiosity.

I tilted my head, stopping my hand from touching the gold, handling it delicately as if I was kneading a ball of bread dough.

"There have been rumors of huge gold nuggets stored in the treasury for a while."

"Is that what this is?"

"Ah, I've also heard about it from the Headmaid. The gold nuggets were imbued with magic so that our Master can tear a chunk of them off easily and use them all."

Nina said cleverly following Franc's words.

Hmm, okay. I stood up straight, took a step back, then jumped straight into the soft gold nugget blob.

As if I had jumped on top of a giant pudding, the gold swayed softly but supported me.

"Oh my, young lady!"

"Come in if you both want to come in. When will you be able to lay on magical gold again?"

When I picked out some gold and cast it around with my hands, Franc jumped right next to me, unlike Nina who hesitated.

"Oh my God... this gold... the smell of wealth... it makes me feel rich. I have no regrets even if I die..."

"Th-then I will, just a little bit......"

Franc busily moved around, sniffed and muttered to herself. Then the relatively passive and smart Nina hesitated, slowly raising her toes. I let the two of them play to their heart's content as they wished as they roamed on their hands around the giant gold nugget.

"I think you like this the most out of all the things you've seen in the warehouse, young lady. Is there a special reason behind it?" Franc asked with twinkling eyes.

Well I guess, not many people like this....

"Who would ever have an experience like this? It's like lying on a giant pudding."

Then I saw Franc whispering to Nina. I wanted to know what they were talking about, but all I could hear was 'Indeed... likes....'

'The two of them played well.'