Chapter 81-87

Chapter 81

"The Imperial Princess' orders have already arrived here...."

Young Lady Evian muttered softly, thinking that he was just one of Azuela's people.

'What does the Emperor have to do with the dress replacements?'

Bewildered, I tilted my head and walked closer to the Grand Chamberlain. We were each given a package wrapped in wrapping paper. A special pattern was drawn on the wrapping paper on my package.

"Is this the royal emblem?"

"This gift was originally going to be given to you on the first day of the New Year on your way home, but I brought it out ahead of schedule (because of the situation)."

The Grand Chamberlain immediately answered when I asked a question. So, this seems like a gift that everyone who attends the New Year's festival receives from the imperial family as a symbol of them wishing everyone happiness in the new year. I still don't understand why the Emperor wants to take care of me, but it was quite understandable if these gifts are for everyone.

"Huh? The dress..."

Young Lady Evian and I unwrapped the package and took out the dresses, then I gaped my mouth in confusion. No matter how random a gift is, how can the quality be so different?

'Young Lady Evian's dress was ordinary, while mine was....'

It was a neat and white dress. It was embroidered with blue and pearl-like jewels in every corner of the fabric, giving focus to its beautiful and clean atmosphere. Many tiny jewels were added to the top, instead of a few large jewels, giving the dress an intricate and elegant look. Anyone would see how much effort was put into this dress that was vastly different from the other dress.

"How did this happen?"

"It is a coincidence."

"No, how can you say something like this is a coincidence!"

"It must be a coincidence."

I whispered quietly so as not to be heard by Young Lady Evian, and the Grand Chamberlain also whispered, matching the volume of my voice as well. I scrutinized the dress. It was obviously a dress that was carefully made over a long span of time.

"What a beautiful dress."

Young Lady Evian looked down at her rather plain dress in comparison and murmured as she looked at my clothes.

"If Young Lady wears it... you will look really pretty... it will suit you really well!"

"I... i-I guess so. Thank you."

The tension surrounding us was relieved by her words. Young Lady Evian looked at me with a somewhat happy smile. Why does she have that expression? I nodded my head not knowing what I should say. Then she looked down at her clothes with a sad expression.

"You must feel very sticky right now, and we are here to help."

"Then I'll go wash up first, Young Lady."

The maids quietly standing on one side approached and offered their help as they smiled kindly. Young Lady Evian said goodbye and went into the powder room inside the break room with a maid. Finally, it was only me, but there was still a knight and a maid around.

'I still couldn't ask since there were still people around.'

I glanced at the knight standing neatly to one side, and surprisingly, I saw her smiling brightly.

"I was also sent by His Majesty so I already knew about it. You do not need to worry.

"Ah...."

The maid standing next to her also bowed her head with a meaningful expression. Great. I nodded, and immediately looked straight at the grand chamberlain.