Chapter 23: The Underestimated Class

3rd POV:

"W-what is happening here?" Uraraka said in a startling voice, and took a few nervous steps back.

The rest of the class started to feel overwhelmed as well because of the number of students blocking the door while murmuring inaudible words to one another. This left them a bit reluctant and anxious since they had no idea what they all were doing there. For what reason would they garner this much interest in them that they would go out of their way to stand and block their class.

"What business do you have with our class?" Izuku asked with his voice raised in an intimidating manner, as this made the students feel tense. "Don't you all know that it is rude for you all to block our path when it is clearly time for us to leave and go home?" Izuku added.

The boy then felt a hand in his shoulder as he turned and looked up to see that it was Katsuki. The ash blonde brushed past him and took a deep hostile breath, then glared at the people in front of him as they started to feel skittish. "They're here to inspect us, you idiots." He said, as the class had confused looks. "Since we all survived the villain attack at U.S.J., they must be really curious to who we are and came to inspect us." Katsuki explained as the class widened their eyes in realization as the situation dug deeper into their thoughts.

"There's no need for you extras to do that. Now move out of the way. " Katsuki threatened, while the class started shaking in disbelief of him insulting almost half of their batch mates as they started to feel nervous for him.

"Well, well, well, it looks like we have a cocky and arrogant fellow over here." A voice uttered from the crowd, insulting the ash blonde as the boy's eyes glared at the direction from which the voice came from. Out came another blonde as he walked past the students and stood right in front of Katsuki, having a huge smug look on his face. "So arrogant for a class that had almost half of them switch schools after the U.S.J. incident." He said boldly, with a smirk.

"That must've been such a traumatic experience that it made almost half of you quit the hero course. What a shame. " He said with a distasteful smile. This made Katsuki furious as he clenched his jaw and fist forcefully.

"Are you implying that we're weak?" Katsuki asked with bloodshot eyes as the boy's smile widened as his eyes seemingly looked down upon him.

"I don't know? What do you think?." He responded as Katsuki tensesed his body up and clenched his fists harder before swinging at the boy, angered by the fact that he was being underestimated and seen as weak. The boy widened his eyes as Katsuki's fist was getting an inch closer to his face when a portal suddenly appeared and caught the ash blonde's fist before it could hit the other. Everyone around gasped in shock, confused as to who was responsible for the sudden portal that blocked the punch, while everyone from Class 1-A knew exactly who it was.

"Bold of you to say that." They all turned and switched their attention to Izuku, who had a serious expression. The blonde boy felt nervous as he could see and feel the cold and deep glare that Izuku was giving him as he started to walk towards him. The class felt shocked at his sudden switch of mood since they would always see him with a smiling face and a cheerful charm. Now they're seeing a completely different side of him. The cold and affectionless Izuku.

"I'm just speaking the facts here and-"

"What makes you think that us being attacked by villains and having almost half of our class switch schools makes us weak? Please, enlighten me," Izuku asked as the boy tried to create a reason but felt incredibly small at Izuku's gaze that made him stutter and sweat nervously.

"Don't assume that you know everything after watching and hearing the news. The news wasn't there; they don't know the fear that we all felt when we were in that situation. They barely scratched the surface of what really went down back at U.S.J." Izuku said with an intimidating voice that made the boy quiver. "They don't know how much we risked, how much we bled, and how we truly felt when we were trapped in that building to only rely on ourselves after being scattered all over U.S.J. where villains were waiting, ready to kill us." The crowd gasped in response.