AUGUST.

"Some have more than one example to look up to

"Some have more than one example to look up to. Others have only their brother." Maxime Lagace.

AUGUST blew out a deep breathe as he got inside his all black Rolls Royce 2020. He immediately cut the air on, wiping the sweat from his forehead and removing his all black jacket along with loosening his tie. He left the drivers seat door open as he continued looking outside of the building that he worked at parking lot  allowing his mind to drift. He was not prepared at all for what was about to go down and he certainly knew that everything tied within the family would sooner or later come undone by this news. August slammed his car door shut, turning on the engine as he began to drive to his mother's house in complete silence.

        He needed time to think.

      He felt it was best to keep these news to himself, but his mother thought other wise. In her mind, Tommy would wanna know and Shakurr already feels like he isn't included in important family conversations because he's the baby of the family. August saw it in another perspective, Tommy was too irrational and Shakurr to emotional and with this information and all the secrets buried with it would not mix well.

       August knew his brothers like the back of his hand. He could see right through them as if they were made of glass and protecting them has always been his main job so he was against this one hundred percent but just like himself his mother was stubborn as a mule.

          "Boy you better get in here." His mother said seeing him standing at the door with no expression whatsoever on his face.

          "Mama, what I told you about leaving yo' door open.That ain't safe.Anybody could come up in here." August scolded locking the door and closing it behind him, he stuffed his hands in his pocket inspecting the house that he grew up in for eighteen years before he set off to college.

         "You is not nobody daddy, August. How many times I gotta remind you? I been in this neighborhood before you was even born, boy.Ain't nobody gone do me nothing." August shook his head as his mom turned around inspecting her son.

         August stood 6'4, 204 lbs with a skinny athletic build. Due to always working it was rare that you didn't catch him in an all black Armani suit, always wearing a watch gifted from his grandfather, a low kept haircut and a neat goatee and mustache and pierced ears that no longer had earrings in them. His lips were average size, with a medium up turn nose and naturally low almond dark brown eyes.

        "Are you taking care of yourself? Every time I see you, you look like you losing weight. Don't let that damn company work yo' ass to death. Money ain't shit if you can't enjoy it."

          "I know mama." Is all August said following her into the kitchen with his mind still on the matter he came over to discuss.

          "Mama-"

        "I'm not changing my mind, August." August sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose leaning on the wall.

          "Mama you realize how long he's been gone? They probably already thought he was good as dead.What's the use of telling them? You know it gone cause problems.

          "If it does, then we can work it out as a family.We have enough secrets and my old heart can't really take anymore.You know I'm turning fifty soon."

       "Ma', you already know Shakurr can't handle certain stuff, he obsesses over things.He gone take forever to let this stuff go ma and don't get me started on Tommy?! He find any excuse ta' be angry and this gone add fuel to his un burning fire."

       "Do you think I don't know my kids?!" Ashanti snapped at her son looking up at him as August took a deep breathe.

      "Mama I ain't sayin' that, I'm just saying that we all grown now and what good will this do for them huh? You know how that nigga was Mama, what type of nigga he is...You really want them mourning and missing him?"

      "That's up to them August, that's yo problem.You wanna control everybody and every thing. All we is doing is relaying the information and how they handle it? Is up to them but I ain't keeping no damn secrets and that's final.

        "They deserve to know they daddy is dead"

xoxo don't worry all the chapters won't be short like this xoxo