AUGUST.

AUGUST stared at the ceiling in complete silence as he got lost in his own thoughts

AUGUST stared at the ceiling in complete silence as he got lost in his own thoughts. It had been two days since he told his younger brothers the news about their father and Tommy haven't spoken to him since, Shakurr? They had conversations but nothing over five minutes. August expected as much but it was for their own good. Nothing good ever came from their father and he was better off dead then alive.

"Mr. Moore did you hear me?" August assistant, Haven asked. August took his eyes away from the cieling and focused his eyes back on Haven.

"I didn't catch the last part, what's on the schedule for today?"

The CEO would like you to go on the site to check and work with the foreman to see if everything is on schedule."

"Around what time?"

"In about an hour and thirty minutes sir." August nodded.

"Are you okay, Mr.Moore? You seem like you have a heavy heart?" Haven could tell because his mind seemed elsewhere but usually Haven and work in general had his undivided attention. Haven wouldn't usually pry in other people lives or business but Haven worked for Mr.Moore for about five years now and he was a pretty fair and understanding boss. A perfectionist and pretty strict but never mean.

"I do?" Haven nodded.

"If you don't mind me asking, is there something wrong? You don't seem all the way here." August shrugged slightly with a small smile.

"My father passed away."

"Really? How?"

"Who knows?" August didn't bother to ask, he didn't care to know. All that mattered was that he was dead. That was all the information he needed.

"Oh..Well how do you feel?" Haven asked again , Haven couldn't fathom how someone can lose a parent and still keep it together. August seemed like he had a heavy heart but she never guessed his dad died. I guess it was true that August keeps his composure no matter the circumstances and that he never takes vacation days.

"Relieved." August said honestly leaning back in his chair, Haven stared at August not knowing what exactly to say.All she could guess is their relationship wasn't that great.

"Thanks for updating me on my schedule Haven, you can go on your lunch break and then when you come back we can go over to the site" Haven nodded walking towards the door as she opened it.

"Sorry for your loss." Haven said softly before exiting out the office. August sighed looking back up to the cieling.

Loss? August thought to himself. Lost isn't the way that he would describe his father dying. To him? It was more like a gift. A gift to him, a gift to his mom and especially a gift to his brothers. August always had a bad feeling when growing up knowing that his dad disappeared and could just show up at anytime, it's why he remained over protective over his family. The fact that his father finally showed up? Dead? August could finally could shake the bad feeling, shake the feeling of someone lurking around the corner, a type of darkness looming over him he had ever since he was old enough to talk. A weight that had been on his shoulders ever since he was a young child was finally lifted. He wasn't use to sharing his personal feelings with his coworkers in any shape or form but telling someone..Anyone..That he felt relieved that his father had passed? It was almost freeing. Just the pretending alone that he cared about his brother's grieving was too much for him. He really hated pretending.