Part 1

You were pissed off and there were a few reasons for that. First of  all, your brother was a dick for dropping you off on that highway a few  hours away from home after you had had a slight disagreement. Secondly,  there was no cell reception and it had been hours since the last car you  saw drove by. And lastly, it was starting to rain. Usually you didn't  mind getting a little wet, but it was a particularly chilly fall evening  and if you got soaked now there'd be no chance of drying off until you  got home and who knows when that would be.

Of course the slight  drizzle soon turned into a full on downpour and the thought of staying  warm and dry were out the window. A crack of thunder sounded in the  distance making you shutter and you wrapped your jacket tighter around  your middle, picking up your pace alongside the road as if you could  outrun the storm.

That's when you noticed the road getting  unnaturally brighter and you turned to see a car fast approaching. You  wiped the plastered hair from your face and stuck out your thumb, still  clutching your jacket in your other hand and shivering more violently  now. It was the first car you'd seen in hours and at this point you  honestly didn't care who they were as long as you could get warmed up a  bit. But the car didn't stop, didn't even slow down.

"Well, fuck  you too!" You yelled as it was passing by, only for it to come to a  screeching halt afterwards, almost as if the driver had somehow heard  you. "Shit," you breathed, seeing the reverse lights switch on.

You  stepped off more to the side of the road ready to make a run for the  tree line if you had to. The car came to a stop beside you, the engine  rumbling between the sounds of thunder as the storm grew closer. The  driver leaned across the bench seat and pushed the passenger door open.

"Hi,  sweetheart. Need a ride?" His voice was deep and gravelly, sending a  jolt of electricity throughout your body. "Come on," he said after a  moment. "I won't bite," he smirked.

You hesitated, but he seemed  sincere enough as he looked up at you through his lashes trying to gauge  your disposition. At this point you would do just about anything to  stop the steady stream of icy rainwater from running down your back.

Screw it,  you thought, shivering again and crawling into the front seat, shutting  the door after yourself. That's when you noticed a second man lounging  in the back, his long legs stretched out across the seat and his hair  was tossed over his face as he slept.

"Here," the driver said,  cranking up the heat and reaching to grab your hands, you flinched away  at his touch. "Easy there, sweetheart. I'm not gonna hurt you," he  reached again, this time you let him guide your hands in front of the  heating vent. You could already feel the warmth defrosting your fingers  and sighed in relief. "Better?" He asked, smirking and shifting the car  back into drive.

You nodded with a shy smile and opened your  jacket a bit to let the warmth in. The car was from an older era and  although it looked like it was well taken care of, you could hear a  rattle coming from inside of the vent. You didn't care though, as long  as it kept working.

"You don't talk much, do you?" The driver  asked with a chuckle a few minutes later, glancing between you and the  road. "That's okay," he sighed when you didn't respond and turned the  radio on low.

You weren't always this quiet, but it had  been a long night and you were frozen and exhausted. There were blisters  forming on your toes from your boots, which you learnt the hard way  were not meant for walking in and your wet clothes clung to your body  uncomfortably.

"Thank you for stopping," you said after a moment when you found your voice, watching the rain streak across the windshield.

The  wind outside was picking up and you could feel the car being pushed  around like it weighed nothing. You were starting to think this storm  was going to be a lot bigger than you had expected.