Part 2

The storm really did a number on the rest stop, roof shingles were  littered across the parking lot and trees were snapped in half, leaning  against the power lines and ready to give at any moment. Probably the  reason why there was still no hot water or electricity in the room when  you woke up.

It was rough on Baby too, hail the size of golf  balls left their mark in the windshield while the rear window was  shattered completely by a tree branch so large that Dean had to enlist  in the help of his brother and the motel clerk just to remove it. There  were a few dents as well and some debris had left only one working  headlight, but it was nothing that Dean said he couldn't fix with time  and the right tools. Still, you could tell he hated seeing her like  that, she was his Baby, which you came to realize is what he  affectionately called his car. You refused to admit that you were a  little jealous of a car.

Your clothes were mostly dry by morning,  so you changed back into your jeans and tee, though you kept on Dean's  purple flannel. It was soft and warm and your jacket was still a little  damp from the night before; so, you figured he wouldn't miss it.

After  a few temporary fixes to Baby, you were on the road again, stomachs  growling. Dean mentioned getting breakfast but without power to the only  dining establishment around, you'd have to wait until you got to the  next town over and hopefully they hadn't been hit by the same storm. You  sat in the backseat this time since you were still a little sleepy and  Sam didn't look like he was in the mood to be scrunched up back there.

There  was only so far you guys could get on the highway before you were  detoured away from the first overpass which was filled with debris and  an overturned tractor trailer. A number of other routes were flooded out  as well, according to the radio and the only other way around would  take an extra couple of hours to get through. This certainly was going  to be the long way home, but you didn't mind all that much with the  company you kept.

The steady flap of the plastic covering the  shattered rear window was muffled by the sound of the wind rushing by;  the engine purring and lulling you to sleep in the backseat of Baby.  Dean smiled, glancing in the rear-view mirror at you slumped over on the  door, cheek pressed up against the window as you rested your eyes. His  gaze not going unnoticed by his little brother sitting next to him, Sam  giving him a dubious look. Dean wasn't easily taken with a girl, not  like this, not the way he was acting head over heels for you and it made  Sam a little worried.

You were passed out in the backseat of  Baby, at least that's what the guys thought as they spoke in hushed  tones in the front seat, trying not to wake you. The truth was  you never really could fall asleep completely in the car, not since you  were a child and you could tell that they were trying to hide something  from you. The sound of wind and plastic flapping drowned out most of  their conversation and though you weren't intentionally trying to  eavesdrop, that's exactly what wound up happening when their voices  raised slightly.

"It's along the way, what's the trouble?" Said Dean, his voice was a little deeper, gruffer.

"I just don't think it's a good idea." His little brother shrugged, shaking his head.

"What  did you want me to do, Sam? Leave her on the side of the road in the  middle of a tornado or maybe back at that motel- I remember the clerk  really liked her, did you see the way he was checking her out this  morning?!" Dean growled and you thought you caught a hint of jealousy in  his tone; though, you hadn't noticed the clerk looking in your  direction at all.

"All I'm saying is that you're not responsible  for her, man. You've known her for less than twelve hours and you're  already acting like you're in-"