Part 5

You were exhausted, you never knew how mentally draining fighting off  a demonic possession could be and the catch was, you hadn't broken out  of the walls of your mind once. Not even a little bit. You screamed  until the voice in your head was hoarse, which you didn't know could  happen; it wasn't like you were using your vocal chords or anything. All  the while, none of your efforts seemed to be bothering your guest and  you were ready to give up after hours of no resolve.

Four hours  to be exact, the length of time it took to drive from Lawrence to  Lebanon with a slight detour due to road construction. Four hours of  Dean glancing and grinning at you in the rear-view mirror. You would've  welcomed it, but every time you felt the demon smirk back and wink at  him it made your blood boil.

It was stupid to be jealous of a  demon especially when it was wearing your skin, though you couldn't help  it even if you knew that Dean didn't know any better. The anger fuelled  you, it kept you going. And if you were going down with the ship, then  you were going down swinging. Demon be damned.

You were surprised  when you got to their place, it wasn't so much a house as it was some  sort of underground bunker. In fact, had you been in control of your  body you probably would've refused to go in at first. You were always a  little claustrophobic but when you saw the inside you realized there was  nothing to be afraid of. It was massive like getting lost in a maze  type of massive and even the demon got turned around, which you thought  was pretty funny and endlessly made fun of. You knew it could hear you  and you weren't going to let ignoring you be an option.

You  watched as Dean helped lug your bags into the room across from the one  that he made sure you knew was his. Then you watched as he showed you  around a bit until you feigned tired and retired to your room for the  night. You hated how the demon was able to get into your head, your  mind, it knew all the right things to say and even played on aspects of  your personality to make it more believable and Dean ate it up.  Especially when you softly kissed him goodnight.

You knew it was using you to get close to him, waiting for him to let his guard down. 'Getting a Winchester's head on a platter',  that was the goal and you had to stop it. Your brother was safe for now  back in Lawrence so there was nothing to hold you back anymore.

You  half expected the demon to make a move on the drive over, but it didn't  and again at the bunker when you were alone with Dean. Then it hit you,  it was waiting for the right moment which meant it was scared of Sam  and Dean, it had to be. You smirked to yourself in your mind, the demon  hissing at your train of thought. You were right and the best part was  you were getting to it. The Winchesters must be more than infamous, they're to be feared.

"Hey, how you feelin'?" Dean asked, peeking his head into your room later that night when he saw that your light was still on.

"Gotta damn headache." The demon growled, pinching the bridge of your nose.

'Haha. Take that, bitch!' You gloated in your head, a snarl echoing around you but you didn't care.

Yes, it was working, you  thought to yourself. Although, was it really to yourself anymore with  the added presence in your mind. You were breaking the demon  little-by-little, you just had to keep it up. Annoy the shit out of it.  Somehow this didn't seem to be a valid theory, but it was working.

"It's gonna take a lot more than that to break me though... Nice try." The demon breathed the last part just to get to you and it worked.

"Maybe  I could help with that," Dean smiled, padding into your room and  shutting the door behind him when you grinned back at him.