Epilogue

6 Months Later...

A few things had changed; first of all,  Dean finally had the time to fix up Baby and you helped with what you  could, getting her back into her pristine glory. It didn't take nearly  as long as you thought it would, Dean was pretty handy when he wanted to  be. Secondly you got matching ink, though you got your anti-possession  tattoo on your hip so you could still wear a low cut shirt if you wanted  without getting strange glances. And lastly, you officially moved out  of your apartment and into the bunker, sharing a room with Dean no less;  since he was now formally known as your serious, long term boyfriend. A  first for you and him since he'd never let anyone move into the bunker  with them before, let alone his room. And you did eventually get that  dinner he owed you, and much more.

"I'm done taking it easy on  you, sweetheart. If you want to come along on hunts, you're going to  have to step it up a notch." Dean said as you hung your head, bracing  your hands against your legs and panting.

He'd been extra tough  on your physical training lately and you knew it was just because he  wanted- no, he needed you to be safe should the situation call for you  to defend yourself. And you were determined to learn to do so as quickly  as possible. You were tired of being a benchwarmer, constantly  sidelined even on the easy hunts. Sure, you were in no rush to deal with  demons again anytime soon, but you thought you were more than ready for  a simple salt and burn.

All your spare time was divided between  either training in the gym with Dean or studying lore with Sam in the  library. You lived with your nose in those musty old books for the first  couple of months, earning your keep by helping the boys with research.

"I'd say she holds her own pretty good, Dean." Chirped Sam, who'd joined the two of you for a workout of his own.

He  was always praising how quickly you seemed to be picking things up,  even if you got annoyed sometimes when it felt like you weren't making  any progress. Dean was more for constructive criticism, he didn't want  you attempting to get out in the field before you were one-hundred  percent ready. Although, you thought he was prolonging that  inevitability since you knew most hunters learnt on the job. You knew it  wouldn't last forever and he'd eventually let you tag along and  actually leave the motel room. But for now you were happy that he was  entertaining the idea and soon you'd insist on coming along, if the case  was right.

"Pretty good isn't good enough, Sammy, you know  that." Dean snapped, he hated it when Sam sat in on your training  sessions. He couldn't keep his damn mouth shut, always chiming in and  they would wind up bickering the time away.

"Geez, thanks for the confidence boost, honey." You said, letting out a long breath and straightening back up.

"Come on, ten more minutes and then we can get dinner and binge a couple of shows in the Dean cave." He bargained.

"Ugh...  fine, but we shower first and no falling asleep on me." You agreed,  Dean holding up his padded mitts for you when you raised your fists.

"Promise I'll be awake for two shows at least, three if you let me have some coffee."

You  jabbed at his left hand and ducked a swing from his right, hooking your  foot behind his knee when he tried to sucker you in and pulled. Dean  fell back on his ass in a huff as you and Sam pointed and laughed.

"Told you, she's pretty good." Sam chuckled and Dean just grunted in return, rubbing his tailbone as he stood up.

"Shut it, Sammy."

"Come  on, De, let's take that shower." You wrapped your arm around his waist  and pushed him towards the door, Dean turning to stick his tongue out at  Sam.