Chapter 10

IZUKU'S POV

Rumi hadn't returned yet, and it was starting to worry me.

I was already cooking dinner for us, and she hadn't even texted me that she was going to be late.

I wasn't mad, not by any stretch. I was just concerned.

I was fully aware of the time constraints Rumi's job entailed, and had fully accepted that she would be home for many late nights.

However usually, being the sweetheart she is, Rumi would at the very least give me a warning before hand.

Maybe something went wrong...

I quickly dismissed this thought from my mind, and continued with finishing my cooking.

However in my oblivious state, I neglected to notice a certain hyper Rabbit sneak through the window.

A pair of hands slammed onto my shoulders, causing me to let out a high pitched scream out of shock.

"Heya Babe!!!" Rumi exclaimed, completely ignoring my 'masculine scream'.

"Jesus Rumi!!!" I exclaimed, holding my chest whilst trying to calm myself down.

"What?" Rumi questioned whilst pouting at my response. "Is that any way to respond to your battle hardened wife?"

'Battle hardened?' I internally questioned, before turning around.

Rumi was holding her side whilst her beautiful caramel skin was littered with cuts and bruises.

My eyes widened and my wife's state, as I quickly grabbed her arm.

"Woah!" Rumi exclaimed as I dragged her to the sofa and sat her down.

"Stay here, I'm getting the first aid kit." I told her, before heading off to the kitchen.

I quickly returned and started to apply bandages and plasters on her cuts and bruises.

However I eventually realised that her heroic clothing was in the way, and internally groaned at what I was about to ask.

"Babe, I'm gonna need you to take off your costume." I said, a light blush adorned on my face.

Rumi's face turned bright red at my request.

"Huh?!? I-I don't think this is the b-best time Izuku..." Rumi bashful responded, causing steam to blow out from my ears.

"N-N-NOT LIKE TH-THAT!!!!!" I stammered in my flustered state. "I just need to see y-your injuries..."

Rumi's face was still red, but she slowly nodded in understanding before undoing her costume.

I looked away as she removed her clothing, until she made a hiss I pain.

"Honey?" I questioned as I whipped my head towards her.

I'd completely forgotten about my wife's nudity, and was completely focused on what was wrong.

On Rumi's right side, there was a nasty huge purple bruise just below her breast.

She also had smaller bruises littered around her chest.

"Stay right here." I commanded, before quickly walking to the freezer and taking out as much ice as possible and placing it into a bag.

I quickly returned and placed it over Rumi's rib.

"Hold that there whilst I call the hospital." I ordered.

"What? No! I don't need the hospital!" Rumi whined.

"You have broken ribs on your right side." I informed her whilst placing my phone to my ear. "You need a hospital."