Chapter 16: The Deal

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦

"Do you want to hear about the deal I'm making?"

Grace Harrington

I stand up and grab a near by chair. I place it directly under the gate and stand on top of it. "Dustin stay here," I state.

"No, I'm not staying while you both are in there" he firmly says. "Dustin!" I yell and turn my gaze to him. "It will be ok, just please stay here"

I turn back to the gate, I kneel down then jump as high as I can. My hands reach the gate and I use all my strength to pull my self up. I feel Dustin's hands on my legs. He helps push me up and I go through.

I land on my side and curse in pain. Eddie had moved the mattress which I hadn't noticed till now.
I landed on my right arm, which I am sure is now broken.

Without a second thought I jump up and rush out the trailer door. I look around me taking deep breaths as I do.

I hear Eddie yell from my right and I rush past the trailer. Once I see the swarm of bats I know that's where he is.

I sprint as fast as I can to get to him in time.  I run into a few things that had been outside other trailers. But I don't worry about them. Im not worried about my arm and how much pain it's in. I don't worry about not having a single weapon or a plan. I'm not worried about anything besides Eddie.

There's too many bats to even see if he's alive in there. I stop and look around me for a second. I see a wooden panel and grab it. I swing it around so the bats move.

I'm not just gonna sit back and watch this time!

I see Eddie standing in the middle of them trying to get them away from him. I run to him and grab one of the spears that he had brought with him. I stand behind him and hold it out in front of me swinging at anything that comes near him.

I slightly turn and see Eddie's arm is bleeding.

"I thought I told you to stay safe!" He yells. "And I told you not to go. I guess we both don't listen to things we're told to do" I state and hit another bat.

"That's why we're perfect my darling Gracie". He laughs and swings at the bats again. I smile and yell as I hit another one. "Come on!" He yells and hits his shield and spear together.

The bats start to swirl up into the air and circle above us. For the few moments we have until they come back to fight us I turn and hug Eddie tightly.