Chapter 17: The Outcome

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦"A job that slowly kills you, Bruises that won't heal"

✦ ⋆ ⭑ ⋆ ✦
"A job that slowly kills you, Bruises that won't heal"

Grace Harrington

Two Days Later

People are saying that what happened here, in Hawkins. Was a natural disaster. Another painful day for the small town in Indiana.

Only we know the truth, and we know, only us can know...

My parents have already left town, leaving Steve and I behind with nothing. Our house is crushed to pieces just like everyone else on our block.

People are missing, people are dead, people are hurting.

People still blame Eddie for the deaths, and probably will for the rest of their lives.

Since the deal I made with Vecna I can feel almost everything happening. Eleven is back in town, as well as Will. But Vecna isn't gone. They didn't kill him, only angered him. I can feel that anger.

I'm trying my best to ignore it. Just as I ignore everyone else.

Besides the obvious, I gave most of my stuff to Steve so he can give it to the survivors who are staying at the school.

I won't be needing it, not where I'm going anyway.

Lucas wanted us to plan Max's funeral, that was until I showed him she was safe in the hospital. He didn't question it. Only smiled at me and hasn't left since I showed him she was there.

No one knows what really happened two days ago. Not even El, it's something I hope I will take to the grave with me.

Pulling me out of my head I feel Holly, Nancy's little sister, tap my leg. "Stevie wanted me to come get you" she says with a smile. I nod and walk out to the Wheelers garage.

"What's up?" I ask. "Wanted to know if you were coming with us to the school?" Steve asks. I shake my head, "People still think I was helping Eddie kill people, remember?" I state. Steve sighs and nods.

"Right..". He puts his hands in his pockets and we awkwardly look at each other in silence. "I'm fine Steve, really, just tired. But I'm really okay" I explain to him.

He smiles and nods. I bring him into an embrace before he leaves and I wave to everyone. I see Will and everyone else by the car and smile at them.

Will walks over to me and hugs me. "I missed you" he states. "Missed you too" I whisper. We pull away and I move towards his ear. "You talk to Mike?" I ask. Wills smile fades and he slowly shakes his head.