viii. the wedding

C H A P T E R   E I G H T

"Not sure this place is gonna be big enough." Klaus remarked sarcastically as the elevator doors opened.

The function room was large, and wonderfully decorated. Celeste supposed Chet had to do it by himself, and she had to hand it to him. The place looked like a fairytale.

"This better be an open bar." Allison added, scanning the room.

"Hey, come on. It's for Luther. Let's perk up." Lila said. She gave a low whistle at the sight of the room. "Wow."

The elevator chimed once more, and Luther, accompanied by Viktor walked out. "I don't know." Luther whispered to him. "Normally, my tush looks good."

"Ah," Allison hummed, looking at Viktor. "I see you've gone for the oversized button-down. Original."

Viktor sighed. "You do realize there's no paparazzi here, right?"

"What?" Allison's voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Dang it."

Luther frowned. "Listen to me, you two. This is my day, all right? So if you two can just get along for a couple of hours, you can consider that my wedding gift."

"Well, he started it, so" Allison gestured at Viktor.

"You literally just started it."

"Literally?" Allison rolled her eyes.

"Bah, bah, bah!" Luther interrupted them hastily. "My day! Two hours. Do you think you can manage that?"

Viktor forced a tight smile. "Yeah, fine."

"Thank you." He nodded his head.

The elevator opened again and the others turned around. Sloane stepped out with Ben behind her. Celeste raised an eyebrow at him, but he only mouthed back "maid of honour" while pointing at himself.

Celeste grinned as Lila gasped, giving another delighted. "Wow."

Ben straightened Sloane's train. "Let's get this over with before I die of cringe." He huffed, without any spite in his tone.

It took less than a few minutes for the group to settle on a few surrounding tables and the couple to stand in front. "Dearly beloved," Klaus started, looking over the room. "We're gathered here today for a good time, not a long time, so let's have a good time, huh? 'Cause the sun can't shine every day. Can I get an amen?"

"Amen!" Celeste yelled with a few others, holding up a milkshake and cheers erupted from them.

"Luther," Klaus waved his arms at Sloane. "Do you be taking this banging hottie to be your lady?"

Luther smiled, taking her hands. "I do."

Klaus sighed, almost tearing up. "Sloane, do you promise to love and cherish this big hairy bastard for the next 24 to 48 hours?"

"Give or take a day." Five chimed in, but Klaus immediately shushed him.

Sloane was glowing, almost radiating joy. "I'm gonna try."