CHAPTER 12

Valouise went inside the Perfecto Café. Agad naman n'yang hinanap si Verne. He was in the table, in the corner of the café. Lalapit na sana sya ngunit para s'yang napako sa kanyang kinatatayuan ng mahagilap nya ang isang pamilyar na lalaki. How come Bylur be there? He was talking to Verne like they were that close. Habang nakatitig lang sa dalawa ay sinadyang itinapat ni Bylur ang kanyang tingin sa dalaga. Valouise gasp when she saw his cold gaze. Bumuntong hininga sya at pinalakas ang loob na lumapit sa kanila. Get it together, girl!

“H-Hi!” Valouise shutters. Agad namang nag angat ng tingin si Verne at Bylur sa kanya.

“Oh hi, Louise!” pagbati rin ni Verne. He was about to offer Valouise a seat, nang-uupo na sana s'ya sa tabi ni Verne ay biglaan s'yang nahulog sa upuan. Biglaan ba o sinadya talaga? It was Bylur who used his pyschokenesis to make Valouise fell from that well-shaped chair. Napakagat labing tumayo si Valouise sa hiya. He's crossing the line. Valouise was gritting her teeth. To avoid that situation, she knows where she should sit, next to Bylur.

Nagulat si Verne sa ginawang pag-upo ni Valouise sa tabi ni Bylur ngunit hindi na nya ito kiwenistyon pa at tinanong nalang nya kung ayos lang ba si Valouise, “You okay? Masakit ba?”

“I'm okay!” kibit-balikat na sagot ni Valouise. Nagkatitigan ang dalawa at nabalot sila ng katahimikan. That long moment of silent was broke when Verne offered Bylur and Valouise to order.

“She likes Cappucino but she already drank one this morning, I suggest you to order an iced americano?” Bylur said that made Verne and Valouise looked into each other in confusion. Valouise faked a chuckled at tiniris ang giliran ni Bylur but the lord seems not affected.

“Ahmm magkakilala kayo, 'diba? But h-how come he knows what you drank—”

“Well, she's living with me. We're together in the same house, we're under one roof. It's been almost two weeks actually, to be exact it's been eleven days. So, I knew what she drank, what she eat, what she likes, what she want.” Bylur hissed. Valouise just found herself scratching her own forehead. Talagang sakit sa ulo itong lalaking ito.

“P-Pano kayo nagkasama sa isang bahay? H-How d-did the two of you m-met?” Verne stuttered in shock. Valouise had a hint that Bylur will say what he said to the police before. Wife.

“She's my—”

“We're working together actually. May hinahanap kami a-and I'm the only o-one who can help him.” She cuts Bylur off and the looked into each other. Bylur was gazing at her so cold.

“Ohh—”

Valouise felt the awkwardness that Verne felt. Hindi naman sya ganoon kamanhid para hind iyon maramdaman.

“Bylur! Can you give us some space for a while? I think we need to talk, just us!”  diing sambit ni Valouise at walang pag-aalinlangang tumayo si Bylur.

He sat down in a distant table from them. Kahit naman lumayo sya, alam nyang kaya nyang marinig ang pag-uusapan ng dalawa kung gugustuhin man n'ya at oo gusto nyang marinig iyon.

Except for eavesdropping, he studied Verne's anatomy and even read his mind. He just waited for the two. Seeing Valouise laughing on Verne's jokes and statements, he can't avoid being pissed off. It took them almost one hour talking. Nang tumayo na ang dalawa ay lumapit kaagad si Bylur. He knows that Verne will offer her a ride and he doesn't want that.

“Are you two done? I will drop off somewhere with Valouise.” He immediately said as he held Valouise hands.

“Oh? Can I come—”

“No! It's just our business, I'm sorry to say that, bro! So, we gotta go. Drive safely!” Sagot ni Bylur at iginiya palabas si Valouise. Pinapasok n'ya ang dalaga sa kotse. Then, he went to the driver seat.