CHAPTER 22

VALOUISE DON'T know what she should feel. She's going to confront the person who's behind the fake news that was spread.  She got her sense together and continued to button up her blouse then she felt that cold hands wrapping around her waist.

“After this, I'll make it up to you. I'll tell everything you want to know. I'll accept your hatred against me.  Just after this, please listen to me.” Bulong ni Bylur at kanyang sinubsob ang mukha n'ya sa leeg ng dalaga.  At dahil sa sinabi ng lalaki ay naalala n'ya kung ano ang pinag-usapan nila Mithran kagabi.

What should I do?

Hindi alam ni Valouise kung ano ang gagawin n'ya kaya't hindi n'ya masagot si Bylur.  Pagkatapos n'yang magbihis ay agad nilang tinungo ang kotse. Bylur tried to convince Valouise that they should use teleporting but the woman doesn't want to that's why he end up driving to their destination.

Bylur's face darken and darkened while they are going near to where they are going. Valouise, who's in the passenger seat was overwhelming with different emotions. She was nervous!

When they arrive in front of the building, Bylur went out the car first and opened the door for Valouise.  Agad naman nilang tinungo ang elevator. They went to the highest floor where Verne's office was.

Before they could totally brag in,  five of Verne's bodyguard tried to stop them but they aren't as powerful and as strong as Bylur, they literally had passed out with just one stare of Bylur. Verne's office was closed, it has a tight security. It even had its own password but Bylur is Bylur, he end up breaking the door with just one punch, Valouise was so stunned that she stilled for a moment.

Verne who was inside the office was shock of what happened. His look was asking ‘What happened?’ his well secured office got knocked out with one small punch from Bylur.  Bylur went inside the office first, Valouise who was hesitant, sighed.

She was so disappointed. Yesterday night, Bylur came home with the news. He found out that it was Verne who have been the head of the issue.  He asked Lauren to do such.

“V-Valouise...” finally the betrayer found his voice. Verne was about to step in, trying to go towards Valouise but Bylur was so fast on grabbing him in his collar.

“Don't even think about it!” Bylur frowned as he held Verne up.  May nagbabadyang mga luha sa mata ni Valouise.

Hindi n'ya aakalain ang taong andoon sa kanya palagi ay tatraydurin s'ya ng ganito. Verne was there when she finally took her first step. He was there when Valouise needs someone but... But he end up betraying her.

“B-Bakit mo ginawa 'yon, Vern?” mangiyak-ngiyak na tanong ni Valouise.

“Ang a-alin, Louise? What are you—” Verne tried to pretend. Bylur who was impatient punched Verne, a punch that is enough for Verne's jaw lock.

“Why did you betray me, Vern? A-Akala ko ba kaibigan kita?”

Si Verne na nakalubog sa sahig sanhi ng malakas na pagsuntok ay napangisi ng mapait.

“Tsk. Kaibigan?” mapaklang tawa n'ya.

“Ahh! Alam mong ako pasimuno? Wow, nice one Valouise.”

Verne's voice was full of sarcasm making Bylur want to punch him again but before he could do it, Valouise stepped in and faced her betrayer friend.  Valouise looked at Bylur with a face saying that he should step out of it.

“Ano bang ginawa kong mali, Verne? Sa pagkakaalam ko maayos naman tayo. Sa naalala ko, wala naman tayong pinag-awayan. P-Pero... B-Bakit ganito?” Valouise's voice broke.

Verne who's on the floor layed his whole body down. They fell silent for a while. Valouise waited for him to talk and until...

“It was me...”  He started.