•Barber Shop• JP

Tokyo, Japan

After the breakup with my ex last week, I feel like I need to change my hairstyle.

I walked past a small district in Tokyo, on my way back to my new house after work. That's where I encountered a tiny Barber shop. The building is small, unlike most Barber shops you would come across.

The wall paint is dusty pink, but it is cracked, perhaps the owner never repainted it.

It was still open, so I headed inside... Surprisingly, there were no visitors.

There's three separate chairs with a mirror and a desk. The Barber had short hair. She looked like she's in her mid 40s, petite, and pale.

"Can I requested a haircut?"I asked since the owner didn't say anything as soon as I stepped inside. I find it unusual because most owners of every business would say 'Irasshaimashe' and welcome everyone affably, but she's the opposite.

She guided me further inside and I laid my back so that she could wash my hair. She's completely silent to the point that I'm not sure if she's muted or not.

After she wash my hair, she guided me back to the chair. I sat facing the mirror with desk in front of me. She then applied the black apron for me, honestly it's quite smell and dusty. I didn't complain and just accepted my fate, this is the most bizarre service ever.

The barber then prepared to dry my hair using a hair dryer. She's still completely silent at this point. I was worried that she would mess up my haircut.

"Excuse me, ma'am I wanted to request medium layers style.." I told her politely, yet she seemed not paying attention.

"Ma'am? Can you hear me?" I repeated my words. She continued to dry my hair using the hair dryer.

I sighed, perhaps this person was deaf and muted.

After she dried my hair, she combed it slowly, and she began to cut my hair the way I requested before. If she heard me, why would she ignore me?

In the middle of cutting my hair, the electricity abruptly went off. I screamed a little due to the shock. The owner then put the scissors used to cut my hair on top of the desk in front of the mirror.

It's dark inside, but there's still light from the outside.

The Barber headed out of the Barber shop to check the breaker.

10 minutes later, I heard her screaming at the top of her lungs and then a struggle ensued.

Someone was pointing a flashlight in my direction. I turned the chair around, oddly, there is nobody.

I took off the black apron. My hair is still half cut. It's quite a mess and embarrassing, but I had to check what's going on outside.

I saw her lying in a pool of her own blood. I peep around to check, but I swear there's nobody.

I immediately fled the crime scene, otherwise they would think I was the perpetrator.

3 days later

The murder news quickly spread throughout the local TV. I feel guilty, but I don't want to be involved in her murder.it could potentially damage my career.

———

I'm about to cook my dinner after a long day of work, that's where I heard a knock on my front door.

I headed out of my kitchen and made my way to the living room to open the front door.

It was a young police man.

"Excuse me ma'am, I'm officer Ryutaro. I'm here to ask you a few questions.."