•Barber Shop Part II• JP

My heart beating rapidly and my forehead produce a cold sweat.what if their suspicion is on me?

"Do you happen to be present during the murder of Ms Yuriko Kataoka?"

"Wait, is she the barber shop owner?" I asked to make sure since I didn't know her name, plus the sign board displayed on her salon, it's only written, "SALON" without the name.

"Yes." the young officer nodded his head.

"N-no.. I heard she had been murdered. I've never been there" I replied.

"Did you see anyone suspicious recently before and after the murder occured?"

"No" I shook my head. he then jotted my answer on his tiny notebook.

"Do you know Ms Yuriko personally or at least had an interactions with her when she's alive?"

I shook my head again. I mean, I'm new here.

"Okay thank you for your cooperations"

"You're welcome.."

After that, I can sigh in relief. finally, he let me go. I know there's a CCTV in the neighborhood, but I heard it got damaged since last year due to heavy rain.

2 weeks later

I haven't heard update about the murder on TV or anywhere online, and it seems like the case grew cold. I swear, that night there's nobody but us.
The perpetrator fleed the scene quickly like cheetah or I must say he's like an invisible man.

———

"Kumiko! Did you know that the perpetrator of the beauty salon murder had just been arrested this morning?" My co-worker, Ayaka approached me since she knew the victim is a neighbor of mine.

"W-WHAT? Who's the perpetrator?"

Ayaka handed me her phone with online article about the murder with the perpetrator's picture displayed on the screen.

I gasped once I realized that it was none other than...

Officer Ryutaro!

"Why are you really surprised, did you know him?" Ayaka looked perplexed.

I shook my head and handed the phone back to her.

So that night...

"Do you happen to be present during the murder of Ms Yuriko Kataoka?"

He pretended to be police officer... just to test my knowledges about the murder... if I answered truthfully that I cut my hair there on the night of the murder, perhaps I'd be next..