Chapter 8

"You do know I'm not having an affair, right?"

Emma looked in her wife's dark brown eyes. Regina looked sincere, but Emma didn't know anything at all anymore. At this point, she didn't even know whether she cared about Regina having or not having an affair. Maybe it'd be good if at least one of them was having sex.

Regina was slowly moving closer, until her stomach pressed against Emma. Emma felt her wife's soft hands cupping her cheek and she immediately felt a whole lot calmer.

"I trust you don't have an affair and I believe you don't have an affair, but do I know it? No. I don't," Emma replied and sighed softly. "Why didn't you tell anyone you're married?"

Regina was quiet for a moment. "It's none of their business," she eventually said. "And you saw the way they responded, right? Sexism isn't a big issue in this office, because Ms. Belfrey is our boss, but some men can't help objectifying or sexualizing women. I don't need them thinking of us having sex."

Emma shrugged. She didn't know whether it was a positive or negative feature of herself, but she'd never cared what other people thought of her and the things she did. She just didn't understand how their opinions were her problems.

"Maybe someone should have the hope we're still having sex," Emma muttered and she knew she shouldn't have said this, looking at the way Regina turned her head. She'd slightly squinted her eyes and her eyebrows were raised, while she bit her lower lip.

"What?"

"It's been a while," Emma said with a careless shrug. At least, she wanted it to come across as careless, but she'd missed Regina's touch for about five months and she really craved her wife's skin against her own.

"I know," Regina said, "but you can't blame that on me. I'm not going to have sex with you if you're not in the mood. You know I'm very fucking attracted to you. I'd take you right here right now if you'd let me."

Emma knew that was a lie. Sexually speaking, Regina and she were into the same things and neither of them liked public sex or even the slightest possibility of getting caught. They appreciated sex as an intimate moment between the two of them, without hurry or haste or secrecy. So, she knew Regina was only saying that to prove her point, but she'd never actually do it.

"Okay. I'll let you. Let's do it, right here and now," she challenged Regina, with a serious expression on her face. She saw a flicker of surprise on her wife's face and she wondered what Regina's next move would be, but she didn't have to wait long, because the brunette connected her lips with Emma's.

Emma tugged Regina closer to her body and moaned softly as she felt a moan escaping her lips. She loved kissing Regina and she was curious to see how long her wife would play this game. Regina's hand made it to the hem of her dress and Emma felt her heart pound louder as Regina neared her neglected core, but she knew it wouldn't happen.

And she was right, because Regina pulled away, before she could spread Emma's thighs. "I know you were testing me and I can't do it here," Regina said. "But I've not been the one unwilling to have sex with you."

"True," Emma said. "But if you come home at midnight, while I'm already asleep because I'm tired, I'm not in the mood for sex."

"Okay," Regina said. "What about tonight? Do you want to do it tonight?"

"Have we really become the kind of couple who plans when they have sex?" Emma inquired softly. It pained her a bit. In that way, they used to be much more spontaneous before.

"So, let me get this straight," Regina said with a soft exhale and Emma could see her wife was becoming annoyed. "You blame me for our celibate months, but.."