Chapter 6: Temperature of the Heart

"There we are." said a girl in pink hair and a red dress, giving Asuna's new rapier.

"Thanks, Liz." said Asuna.

"No problem."

The Vice Commander then left.

Later...

"Hello?" said Kirito, knocking on the desk in the blacksmith area, "Hello?"

"Hello." said Liz, "I'm the blacksmith here. What is it that you need?"

"Wait, YOU'RE the blacksmith?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"Nothing really, I mean...you don't...uh...APPEAR like one."

"A friend of mine said this can attract more customers."

"Oh."

"Now that we got that aside, what would you need?"

"I need the best sword you have."

"Mind if you be more specific."

"Oh, right. Something to last at least as long as this."

Kirito took out his newest weapon and gave it to Liz. The weapon had spikes for a hilt and a black and white trimmed theme. Liz's eyes widened in shock.

"An Elucidator!" she said, "Wh-where did you get this?!"

"On Floor 50, from a monster and-" said Kirito.

"Lucky!"

"So...what do you think?"

"Hmm..."

Liz went around the shop, she then found a rapier and took it from the shelf.

"Here, this is the best sword here." she said, handing Kirito the weapon, "It's my masterpiece."

"Hmm..." said Kirito.

A Masterpiece, huh? Thought Kirito, Could work. He then did a few swings. It felt terribly unbalanced.

"It's a little light." he said, giving an uncertain look on his face.

"Should be." said Liz, "I used up a lot of speed-type metal to make it. Lacks strength for durability though."

"Hmm...mind if I test it?"

"Sure."

Kirito then took Elucidator in his left and and took the rapier in her right, he then built up the sword's power skill, ready to slash down.

"Don't blame at me if it breaks your Elucida-" said Liz with confidence.

But the rapier broke against the black sword's steel. Liz's face went to a sort of crying and shocking state.

"Sorry..." said Kirito, putting on a face that people would usually look once they accidentally break things, "...I-I'll pay for the damages. Uh, Miss?"

"Sorry. I'm Liz by the way." said Liz, whipping her tears away and shaking Kirito's hand, "I was just thinking that if I sold you my 'Masterpiece', I'm sure that nobody would come around anymore. But just to be clear..."

Liz started to squeeze Kirito's hand. His expression darkening a little.

"If I had the right materials, I can shatter your weapon to tiny...little...pieces." she said darkly.

Liz looked at Kirito, who looked back at her, looking at Liz in the eyes, not even flinching at Liz's attempt to squeeze his hand.

"Now that's the kind of weapon I need." he said, not even showing that he was in ANY pain.