Chapter 11: Crimson Killing Intent

October 20, 2024 Floor 74: Collinia

"My gosh!" said Asuna, pacing around in annoyance, "I always knew you were reckless, but I didn't think you were crazy."

"Okay, okay!" said Kirito, sitting on a crate, "Calm, down, Asuto."

"Just so you know, Black Swordsman, you and Yuuki are not the only ones who doesn't have a powerful skill! He has his own! His PH bar never went into the yellow zone!"

"We've seen his fights, Asuna. I know."

"He's FAR too strong."

"I know."

"I don't care if I don't get my absence! What would happen if you lose?!"

"Well, he's not planning to lose today." said Yuuki, trying to defend her partner.

"Hmmph."

"It's fine, Asuna!" said Kirito, getting frustrated, "If I win, it's win, if I lose, it's a win."

"For who?!"

"For you!"

"What?!"

"If I lose...I join the Knight of the Blood Oath, happy?"

"..."

"In retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea and-"

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Because he wouldn't let you go!" said Yuuki for Kirito.

"I could've just left! It's not like he could just drag me back!"

"Why are we ALL shouting?!" said Kirito.

"Because I have a right to after what YOU pulled!"

Yuuki and Kirito turned their backs on Asuna as she did the same. Kirito shook off the unneeded emotions, and walked straight towards the battlefield. Asuna let out a small breath of calmness.

"Good luck." she said under her breath.

At the Arena...

Kirito saw the Commander. The two saw thousands of other players surrounding the arena.

"I'm sorry Kirito," said Heathcliff, "I didn't think that it was such a big deal."

"You sure you didn't do this on purpose to have other players watch two players with unique skills fight?" Kirito asked, unconvinced.

"I'm not that devious."

Soon the battle began. Kirito already began to slash at Heathcliff, who was blocking with his shield. He then jabbed at Kirito, but the Black Swordsman dodged instantly. He jumped about a few feet from him. The Commander then ran at him, his shield was in front, Kirito assumed that he was going to try to impale him, but instead of that, he slammed his shield onto his gut. He then slammed hun against the wall. He was able to get out of the way this time and block his sword after she dodged.

"Your reaction time is very impressive." Heathcliff commented.

"Thanks. Not a bad idea using your shield as a-" said Kirito, but he suddenly flinched and a pain rushed into his stomach from the last attack there, "Mmph! As I was saying, not a bad idea using your shield as a second weapon."

He then slashed at him again. Out of everyone in the whole arena, only Yuuki saw him pain. He then saw him about to jab Heathcliff's head. But then, all of a sudden, Heathcliff got on a side and immediately impaled Kirito, pushing him away, and dropping his weapons. Yuuki saw his health bar go down to the red zone. She rushed to his side. The Commander walked to them Yuuki made a pose, hinting mostly to Heathcliff, meaning, "Stay back!". The Commander stopped.