Chapter 1 - Lucy

Welcome to the beginning of "Losing me to find me" Hope you enjoy it!

Little note: I don't own Fairytail or the characters. I only created the plot for the fanfiction and a few characters.

Anyways, Enjoy!

For the blonde celestial wizard, it was just another day like any other. Enjoying a strawberry smoothie while sitting at the bar. Erza enjoying her cake while Natsu and Grey fight about mundane things. However, Juvia was nowhere to be seen gathering up Grey's clothing that had fallen to the ground. Which was strange, but the blonde celestial wizard ignored it as she continued to fiddle with her drink's straw. Her mind was clouded as she pushed the smoothie away and wondered how many calories it would contain.

She was a member of the best team in fairy tail, yet she always comes up short. The GMG just shown how far behind her team she was in comparison. Natsu was always needed to save her. She was constantly in need of help. No matter what could transpire, from what she could remember, someone was there to save her before she could fall flat on her face.

And she had to confess that team Natsu was making her feel more behind; she was silent and observant what she had learnt as an heiress growing up. And when she did eventually step back, she would see that Natsu, Grey, and Erza had deliberately chosen an easier task with her. Natsu usually avoided missions he enjoyed undertaking and opted for something more tame when he took one just for them.

Going on a mission with Team Natsu wasn't as enjoyable but rather made her feel guilty because she was so drained from all of this. It was more of a punishment for her to exhibit how far behind she was, for Grey and Erza to force her into more exposing clothing than she felt comfortable wearing, or for Happy and Natsu to berate her for being overweight. It simply brought everything together. She was conscious that it was intended to be a joke or needed in order to complete the mission quickly, but she couldn't help but feel that it wasn't right.

Despite her feelings about the comments, something inside of her shouted that what they were saying was genuine. Everything they did and said was a reflection of what they felt about her.

She felt at ease in her own skin, but the more time she spent with them, the more she covered her stomach with her arms and the more she continued to spend money on highrise garments for nothing of the sort. It became a habit for her to keep track of what she ate in the hopes that she would be less of a burden to Natsu if she weighed a little less than she did.

Sighing, she took out her cash and paid for her drink, her thoughts getting too loud in here and the guild not helping. Not before she saw Juvia approaching the bar while paying zero attention to grey as Lucy left the room looking back at Juvia.

Lucy strolled alongside the river's bank as she made her way home. As she walked, she waved at the fisherman and summon Plue to join her. Something to help the woman feel a little more like herself. She opened the door to her apartment and found it to be an unbearable level of calm, with the lights off and, for once, the space being clean. She couldn't see the flying blue cat that would annoy her. She took off her shoes, smiled dejectedly, and entered the bathroom.

She took off her clothes, ran the water, picked up Plue, and sat in the water.

"Do you think I'm weak, Plue?" As her thoughts kept wandering, she asked, breaking the silence between her and the spirt.

He waddled to lucy and grabbed hold of her, yelling, "Pun Pun!" while shaking his snowman head back and forth and widening his black eyes in surprise. As he continued to cling to her and mutter "Pun pun" again, a few snow tears began to fall from his eyes.

She grabbed Plue and said, "I think you're right Plue," smiling as Plue's snowy face blushed slightly. She then gave him all the kisses she could muster while rubbing his head. She took a towel to cover herself after finishing her bath, picked up the deflated snowman, and placed him on the bed.