Chapter 12

Hello, it's been a while, I rewrote chapters 10 and 11 almost completely because I didn't like them when I originally posted so instead their a new and updated. 

3 hours later

"Where are you going?" Virgo asked as she watched Lucy motionlessly put on her shoes and a jacket that was not enough to keep her warm during the early hours.

"I'll be back before she wakes up," Lucy whispered, her voice breaking as she left. Virgo contemplated calling out to her but decided to stay in the kitchen to observe Juvia.

Loki watched Lucy leave her apartment, walking like a dead person as she headed to town, leaving her knowing where she was heading. With her head down and her shoulders slumped, she trudged off. As Loki watched, he knew he couldn't say anything. He had lived many lifetimes, but it was the only one he chose to get attached to. Loki watched making sure she got where she was going. He sighed deeply, realizing that despite all his experience, he was still powerless to make the situation any better.

Lucy walked as tears welled up in her eyes. As she brought her jacket closer to her, Lucy passed the guild and walked further before stopping at the edge of the forest. Stopping for a moment, taking a breath before proceeding into the forest.

With her body trembling from the cold, Lucy walked a little more before stopping at Natsu's cottage.

Her eyes red and puffy, her heart racing as she held her jacket tighter. Her eyes stung with tears as she knocked on the door.

Her body caved in exhaustion as everything finally started to sink in, eyes welled with tears. which had been building inside, now poured out as the magnitude of the situation crashed down. The door creaked slightly and the lights downstairs turned on.

Lucy's hands were trembling and the door opened. Taking a step back, Natsu opened the door in a pair of simple black shorts.

Lucy looked up at Natsu. She half glanced over at him and her eyes were filled with tears. Natsu could see the pain in her eyes as he saw tears streaming down her cheeks; the way her heart beat rapidly. Natsu tucked Lucy deeply into his embrace, pulling her as close to himself as he could. Natsu gently stroked Lucy's hair, "It's okay, I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you." Lucy looked up at Natsu, her emotions raw and palpable in the air. As Natsu looked back at her, his heart broke from her painful teary eyes. He tenderly embraced her, cradling her gently and reassuring her with his gentle words of comfort

Lucy clung to Natsu, crying out, at the thought of Juvia almost dying and being afraid of losing her and then just exhausted about it. She cried into his chest, unable to form any words, as she kept crying. Instead, she held onto Natsu tightly.

One hand was behind her head, letting her head rest on his shoulder and one on her waist as he brought her closer. He closed his eyes and breathed in her scent, feeling an overwhelming sense of contentment as he held her in his arms. Natsu held Lucy with tenderness in his embrace, reassuring her with comforting words and a gentle caress of her hair. "Everything is okay Luce, you're alright. Deep breathes"

He could feel the fear in her trembling body, in ten folds her heart slowly beating unevenly.

"Lucy, no matter what I'll be here for you. You can cry and scream and I'll just hold you till you're ready, it's all right." He whispered in her ear, holding onto her. "I'm here no matter what and I'm not going anywhere," he emphasized, tightening his embrace.

Natsu smiled noticing her heart slowly calm down feeling as she enclosed herself a little further in his arms. He paused and added, "I'm here for you and I always will be."