Chapter 6

Hello there! Please bear with me since there are several time jumps in this chapter.

The guild was still it's loving wild selves two weeks later, but they were now treading on eggshells around Natsu and Lucy, as well as Grey and Juvia, waiting for someone or anything to happen to the pairs. Natsu and Lucy were still at odds, and it was only becoming worse when Lucy began taking solo missions. Natsu kept pushing her away, only to yank back at her and question why the doctor ordered the pills for her. Only to abandon her once more, leaving Lucy with conflicted feelings about him and a continuous desire for him. Whenever she gathered the courage to say something, he would walk away emphasizing he's going on a job alone. Leaving Lucy standing there feeling like an idiot.

Juvia, on the other hand, was a roller coaster of emotions, whirling the anguish inside of her as the weather changed from rain to sunshine. Gray had been trying to get closer to her, but in the end, he would push her away over the most insignificant of things, making his trivial remarks that continued poking at Juvia and her power. The rain stopped as soon as he apologized, only for her to slip more into his cruel games and his vast web of control over her.

------------------

Lucy

6 weeks left on the lease

Lucy sat at her desk, attempting to compose yet another letter to her brother. She thought of words to fill the adorable stationery paper as she tapped the page with the pen twirling in her fingers. She knew she had two days to write a letter before he sent someone to check on her. He had asked for a weekly letter from her ever since she was imprisoned in the fairy sphere for seven years so he can be sure she is still alive and won't leave him once more. So there she was with papers all over the floor and simply the phrase "dear Lukas" scribbled above the page.

A little chime was heard as plue appeared on her desk playing with the pen in her hand. Smiling, she rubs circles on plue heads.

"Who helped you get here this time plue?" she asked happily as she finally gave the pen to plue to play with.

Plue lifted a trembling finger to his lips as if it were a secret. She left it at that and grabbed her lease statement from her desk. She had just 6 weeks left on her lease, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to renew it or take a vacation from the guild so she could train without worrying about the rent. Thinking about it Lucy put away the lease, in her heart, she knew she wasn't going to resign the lease but that was an issue for a later date.

Juvia

6 weeks left on the lease

All Juvia wanted to do at the moment was throw everything in her room, the pale yellow wall was making her sick, and Gray's hot and cold attitude towards her was pushing her to the limit. She wanted to break down and cry, but she remained still and was unsure of what she wanted. She did not know why her eyes were full of tears, and her body and head felt colder than normal. She loathed herself and was agitated and confused. She loathed the amount of control Grey held over her. She detested the way he had let her feel the sun for the first time while simultaneously loving it.

She says Grey for the first time, and now he wants to behave in this way, go on missions, push her away with a sneer, and then leave while expecting her to scurry back to him. She despised the way he used to expect her to approach him and apologize for bothering him so much because she was the reason he was acting in such a harsh manner after each effort after hearing all of his harsh comments.