Chapter 7- Juvia

Hello!

I cannot emphasize this enough: Do not read this chapter if you are uncomfortable with scenarios involving domestic violence! Skip to the next one!

The chapter includes --> Gaslighting, unconsensual kissing, and fighting are included in this chapter.

If you know someone going through this please reach out the domestic abuse hotline at

800-799-7233.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 days left on the lease

Please read at your discretion.

Juvia returned to Gray's apartment and sat at the bar stool contemplating what to say to make him happy. She wanted to ask him if he loved her, but she refrained from doing so since she was afraid of his answer and didn't feel like fighting today. Recently, every time she asked him a question or they had a conversation about their feelings, it resulted in an argument between them, or she had to apologize and purchase another set of glasses after she made him smash them out of rage. Or cleaning broken glass after a fight.

Juvia simply wanted a peaceful day, to eat without worrying about a fight or whatever could happen tonight. Juvia looked out the window while she waited for him to return to see if he was outside and to see if she was the cause of the rain. Prior to joining fairytail, Juvia could typically tell if it was raining by the tiny tug on her and how depressed she seemed, but at the moment, she was having difficulty comprehending her feelings and couldn't feel the tug as much,

Gray was scheduled to return at any moment after leaving earlier to get them food. Juiva looked about the apartment as she waited, which turned into 10, which turned into an hour, and an hour turned into 2. Juvia had slept off as she waited, and when she awoke at eight o'clock she regretted the fact that he had not returned yet. Juvia was going to leave giving up on waiting on him, however without a care in the world, Gray entered the room with a bag of food.

Without saying a word to Juvia or recognizing her, Gray tossed the bag on the counter and strode off to fetch one of the fresh cups she had brought him. Juiva sat up and gave him a quizzical look as she did so, but she ignored it in favor of a peaceful night.

What took you so long to do it? Juvia questioned Juvia glanced at Gray to gauge his emotions before moving on with the conversation rather than challenging his behavior or posing the big question she wanted to ask.

"I got sidetracked?" Gray grabbed a fresh cup she had brought him yesterday and spoke as if nothing were wrong. Gray walks toward his sofa after taking the bento box from the bag looking away from her the whole time.

Juvia ate while studying Gray eating by himself on the couch and asked, "For 3 hours?" As she ate one of her dumplings, in wonder.

"Yes, 3 hours I brought you food. Why don't you ask your real question?" confused he walked back to the kitchen to eat with her at the counter.

Juiva looked down and picked at her spinach Goma ae in her bento box, wondering how she could articulate her question in a way to save a fight for another day.

Are you going to say something,? As he took another swing from his drink, Gray inquired scrutinizing Juvia with a frigid glare.

"Do you love me?" Juvia asked, it was a simple question with purely innocent intent but Gray couldn't help but lock his jaw as his gaze hardened on her.