Pain and Blood

It was 9:30 when the yelling started next door, she assumed it was between Billy and Neil which it usually was. The yelling went until 10 and Melinda had sent Dustin to try and sleep. After the yelling had stopped Melinda was starting to get ready for bed until there was a knock on her door.

She walked to the front door and on the other side was Billy in tears "Can we be busy together?" he asked rough and low as if it hurt to speak, he had blood on his check going into his blonde curls "Jesus fucking Christ Billy" she let out, she grabbed his arm and pulled him inside locking the door. As soon at the brunette girl turned around Billy had wrapped his arms around the girl's waist and was crying into her shoulder, she lifted her arms around him 1 rubbing his back and the other playing with his curls. They stood there for at least 10 minutes before Billy broke the hug. Melinda scanned his face before grabbing his hand leading him into the kitchen.

"Sit" she ordered as she went to get a cloth and wetting it, he sat down taking his jacket off. She walked over to him noticing how hard he was gripping the countertop, lifting the cloth to the cut on his face. Billy flinched and his hand shot up grabbing Melinda's wrist "Shit" he let out as she did it "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to grab you" he immediately apologized, tucking his hands under his legs "Its okay Billy I didn't warn you" she said brushing his cheek with her hand. The blonde boy just nodded and let her finish cleaning him up, revealing a black eye, multiple cuts and bruises on his chest, a cut above his eyebrow as well as one under his eye and a split lip. He had taken his shirt of since it had blood all over it. "Billy" she sighed feeling bad for him.

They moved into the Melinda's room, Billy sat on the armchair in the corner of her room as she sat on her bed. Melinda's eyes did a quick scan over him and looked away though Billy had seen her and now with a small smile on his face, closing his eyes and laughing. Melinda went back into the kitchen putting the cloth and Billy's shirt in the wash and turning it on taking his denim jacket with. She walked back into her room seeing Billy now fast asleep in the chair she put his jacket on her desk chair and grabbed a blanket of her bed putting it over him. She then kissed his forehead "Night California" she said crawling into her own bed drifting off to sleep.

The next morning Billy woke up and looked over at Melinda who was also just waking up "Morning sleeping beauty" she said stretching "Morning" he replied "How you feeling?" she asked "Better thank you but I better go before my dad sees i'm gone" "Yea of course, you can climb through the window so its less risky" she said sad he had to leave "Thank you again Melinda" he said smiling at the girl as he climbed through the window "Hey Billy" she said as he was about to shut his window closed "Yea?" "If you need anything" she said and the blonde boy smiled at her, closing his window going inside.