Party

The next day...

Melinda had just finished getting ready, she was wearing a mini dress with floral design that flared at the end of the sleeve's she was putting her high top white converses on as Steve arrived "Mel!" he called through the house "Hey" she replied walking to him "You look nice" he said "Thanks" she replied turning to Lucas and Dustin "You too don't make to much of a mess ill be home later" she said waving and went with Steve to his car.

When they arrived at the party Melinda spotted a keg "You gonna take your title back?" she asked Steve getting an eye roll "Ooo is Steve 'the hair' king Harrington scared" she teased as they got out of the car "Of course i'm not scared" he replied "Steve some of those kids don't go to our school" she said looking at the crowd of teenagers "Yea its a mixed party, some are collage kids and kids from the next town over" he replied nonchalantly.

They walked into the party met by loud music and drunk people everywhere. While walking in the crowd Steve and Melinda got separated "Fuck me" Melinda said under her breath "Let me take you on a date first" she got a reply, turning to see a collage guy now next to her "Johnny" he stated "Melinda" she told him "Melinda as in Queen of Hawkins Melinda?" he asked "I'm just a regular teen I don't know why people insist on calling me that" she said with a laugh "Well nice to meet you Melinda just a regular teen" he replied "You here with someone?" "Oh just my friend, but I lost him" "Well then I guess I shall stay with you so you aren't lost then" he replied winking.

Johnny and Melinda hung out most of the party, they had both ended up drunk and at the beer pong table "I wanna play" Melinda said looking at Johnny with puppy dog eyes "Okay lets win this thing" he said. They started playing taking turns getting the other teams cups, till there was one left "You wanna do this one" Johnny said handing her the ball "Fuck yes" she let out, taking the ball and winning. She jumped up and down and hugged Johnny as he picked her up and spun her around, when she felt a hand on her arm and she was pulled back "What the hell" she said trying to keep her balance"What's your problem dude" she heard Johnny say and just as she looked at him she saw Billy "Shit" she let out and Johnny's face was met with Billy's fist "Billy what the fuck!" she yelled grabbing his arm but he pushed her away making her fall.

The 2 boys now had a crowd as they started fighting and Melinda was lifted of the ground by Steve and out of the way, she stood their with Steve's arm around her watching the fight when she saw some of Johnny's friends moving to jump in on Billy. Without thinking she had moved and was now stood infront of them staring "Don't you fucking dare" she warned most of them backed down disappearing back into the crowd but 1 didn't "What are you going to do about it" he challenged "This" Melinda replied punching him straight in the face, his hands shot up holding his nose "Crazy bitch" he said scared walking away.

She had gotten over the fight "Enough both of you" she commanded looking at them on the floor, Billy on top of Johnny who toke the chance to take control. Melinda moved over to them, kicking Johnny in the ribs so he got off Billy "I said enough" she said standing over him "Sorry" they both mumbled and she stormed off through the crowd pissed. Melinda grabbed her hand bag before walking back out, not being able to find Steve she started walking home.

Melinda was walking down the street, the cold air against her cheeks and legs she was shivering when a car pulled up next to her "Its freezing let my give you a ride" Billy asked "I don't want to be near you" she stated and kept walking "Mel please just get in" he said slowly following her, she ignored him and carried on "Melinda your shivering" he stated "No fucking shit sherlock but id rather freeze then be in a car with you after you beat up a guy for hanging out with me" "Oh please. He was trying to get in your pants" "Well I let you in why shouldn't I let him" she said getting on his nerves but there was nothing but silence "Go home Billy" she let out "Not until you get in" he said, turning to look at him she gave up moving to his car getting in with her bag on the car floor.

The whole ride home was silent tough the air between them was thick and alive, Melinda was about to explode from all the awkward yet steamy tension. She looked at her lap and noticed her already short dress had ridden up her thighs, she could feel Billy's eyes watching at she shuffled around pulling the dress down. He pulled his Camaro to a stop outside of her house, he pulled the handbrake leaning closer to her, his eyes trailing her body causing her heart to pound in her chest and her skin to tingle under his gaze as it always had. Billy leaned closer, her eyes dropped from his eyes to his lips, she could smell the alcohol on his breath but she didn't mind because time had suddenly stopped, it felt like the world has stopped spinning because Billy's lips were now on hers. Melinda's heart toke a dive as her lips granted him access, their lips moved in sink and everything felt right.

She pulled away looking at him, she could feel her cheeks were red and she didn't trust her voice, she just opened the door getting out the cold night air hit her like a wave. Her body missed Billy's body heat, being so close to him. Once inside her empty house, there was a note on the door side table that Dustin and Lucas had gone to hang with Mike and Will an would be back in the morning. She sighed resting her back against the front door all she could hear was her thumping hear, her lips were still tingling. She reached to take her bag off her shoulder but it wasn't there "Shit" she let out spinning around opening the door she was met with Billy standing on the other side her purse in his hand.