01. Spring

1902

It's like a blur as once again I see his figure in the distance. His body faces the side and only shows the right side of his beautifully sculpted face. He's out of reach and no matter how much my heart yearns to see him closer my feet are planted on the floor, unable to move from my position.

"Y/n" the woman calls for my attention as my eyes are still locked on the man "Yes, Mother?" I say as my eyes slowly move away from the man to meet the gaze of the woman I've called mother. "Can you run up ahead to the other stalls and grab some vegetables? I'm going to grab meat from the butcher while you do that, so we can make time for what light we have left." she says with a tone of importance, before a reply can be said she turns in the opposite direction and heads to the butchers.

My body slowly turns in the direction of where I assume the produce stalls are, and as I turn I bump into a larger body. Faced with a wide chest, muscular biceps, and shoulders, my eyes slowly make their way up. I feel his hot breath brush across my cheek, then a sinking feeling hits my chest as I start looking up. The closer my eyes get to seeing this man's face the more that sinking feeling eats at me, my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest, it's as if time was going slowly as my eyes finally met his sharp jawline and then his lips...

-

                                                                                    Present day

The chilly autumn breeze hits my face and I blink rapidly realizing where I am. "It happened again.." I whispered to myself. Just like every other time I've ended up in the same spot, this stupid tree. Last I remember I was in the library and now I'm here, yet again having no recollection of when I zoned out or how I got here. "I should talk to my therapist more, this is getting out of hand." I mumbled as I made my way to the bus stop.

-

"Long time no see Y/n!" My therapist's cheerful voice echoes in the semi-empty room as he makes his way to his desk. "How have you been?" he asks in curiosity but also concern already knowing the answer to his question

"Definitely been better, it's happening more often than usual.." the ending of my sentence came out softer almost out of embarrassment, I averted my gaze to the floor "What was this episode about?" he asked while leaning forward in his chair to hear me better

"It almost seemed like it was my first encounter with him, it felt so real. He was right in front of me, I felt his body collide with mine..." My words start to trail off as I try to recall what happened. We sat in silence as I continued to think. "I wasn't able to see his face again, only from a distance like every other time this has happened"

"Though I want to give you a professional and logical explanation I can only give you my own opinion, The more I hear about these events, I believe you're just not meant to see his face right now, there's a reason your memory is repressing his face and when the time comes you'll be able to see it." He said as he leaned back into his seat and brought his fingers to the keyboard to take notes. "It's strange though, why can I see his face from afar but not up close? What difference does it make?" I ask in confusion

"You've only seen his side profile from afar, that's a huge difference. Seeing a face straight on and in front of you is completely different." he pushes his glasses up and sighs "All of your episodes may have correlations and could lead you to see his face, you just have to figure out the puzzle you're brain is making for you, or maybe your brain doesn't have a face for him and that would explain why you can't see it."

"Maybe.. That would explain a lot."

-

[A/N]

Unedited

Hopefully this wasn't to confusing! I have much more planned for this book and I can only hope people enjoy my story telling. Any improvement ideas would be appreciated!