03. Not Crazy

"You know we're going to eventually have to talk about what happened the other day," Jimin says through my phone speaker, I place my phone down on the counter. "I know" Letting out a sigh, I reached for the cereal in the cabinet "I thought I saw him, and as soon as I pushed the door open I.. I was somewhere else... I don't know how to explain it. When you grabbed me I would have sworn I saw him here, I.. I saw him turn that corner out of the market, I swear."

He was there I saw with my own two eyes. His silhouette turned the corner and vanished past the building out of sight.

"Are you sure? You could have still been dreaming"

"I wasn't dreaming. After you grabbed my arm I wasn't there anymore, I was here" I replied defensively as I slammed the cereal box on the counter. "No need to get all defensive" he let out a small chuckle. "You implied I was crazy, how couldn't I be defensive!" I whined as I let out a sigh of frustration that I didn't know I was holding in. "Now that I think of it, I'm surprised Dr. Kim didn't diagnose you with schizophrenia or something" Jimin said, laughter was the only thing I heard coming from his end of the call "Ha.. Ha... hilarious" an unamused tone obvious in my voice. "Anyway, I have to get ready for class I'll see you on campus. Byeeeee!" I ended the call without waiting for a response.

Though my memory was blurred, I know what I saw. He was real, there was no denying it. Maybe I'm crazy and all of this is in my head or maybe my eyes are seeing what my mind wanted to see, for now, my heart is set on the fact I saw him with my two eyes.

I stood still in my kitchen, lost in thought. My cereal now soggy, I sighed "I'm not even hungry anymore" Putting my bowl into the sink for later me to deal with, I made my way towards my room to get started for my day.

-

"Y/n!!" I heard a familiar voice call just as I was about to open the door to the lecture hall, turning my head I was met with an out of breath Jimin.

"You don't even live that far, why do you decide to leave your house so late?'' I laughed as I held the door open. "I'd rather be late than be here longer than I need to be at this hell hole" Jimin hissed. Laughing we made our way in, speed walking to our class to make it on time.

As always, the class was boring. The teacher's monotone voice practically putting everyone to sleep and the eerie fluorescent lights not making it any better. Soon class was coming to an end, rustling of belongings being put away in anticipation to leave yet another lackluster lecture.

-

"What's the point in taking this class if we basically learned all of the material last semester?!" Jimin complained, pushing the door open and stepping into the cool spring air. "Honestly, I don't know" I said not having an answer to his question

"I have to get to my next class, I'll see you later!" Jimin said as he started a light jog and waved back to me.

I made my way toward the student parking lot, walking past many students rushing to their classes.

"Y/n!" an unfamiliar voice called for me, turning my head. I'm met with a man with a boxy grin on his face. "Sorry, do I know you?" I asked, questioning the beautiful man standing in front of me. "Oh right! I'm Kim Taehyung, from your psych class! I completely forgot you don't know me, I probably sound like a creep right now" he said while putting his hand on the back of his neck out of what I could assume was embarrassment. "How'd you know my name?" a nervous laugh leaving my mouth "Right umm, well Jimin talks about you a lot and I recognized your name when the teacher was taking role, I should have gone about coming up to you in a different way so let me re-do my introduction" he awkwardly laughed "My name is Kim Taehyung, Jimin's friend, we have psych class together. Nice to meet you." He reached his hand forward for a handshake. I laughed lightly at his formalness, I placed my hand in his "Nice to meet you too, Taehyung." going along with his antics

Definitely a strange man but how could I pass up talking to an attractive man, Though a weird first encounter he walked me to my car talking about random things mainly focusing on what had been going on in our class. As we walked a oh so familiar body caught my attention walking by. My head turned subconsciously, eyes locking for only a second before his head turned to face the direction he was walking, a slender man wearing all black, face obscured by his mask and cap only his deep doe eyes peaking through, my heart dropped, and that same sinking feeling in my chest I'd felt before loomed over me. My eyes followed his body as he walked further away. Taehyung turned to see my attention no longer on him "What are you looking-"

"Hey um, I just um, I just remembered that I had something to do in the.... other direction!" I stumbled over my words in anticipation of catching up with the man from my dreams.., my visions..

"I could walk you to-"

"I gotta go, I'll see you in class next week. Bye!" I said cutting him off, I sprinted in the direction of the faceless man.

"Huh? Wait, Y/n whe.." Taehyung's voice got quieter the further I got.

Damn this dude walks fast, even while running I won't be able to catch up at this pace

Following far behind I see the strange man swiftly pull open the door to the school library and disappearing inside the building. I made my way as fast as my legs could possibly go to reach the entrance, making my way inside I'd officially lost sight of him.

He could literally be anywhere in here, I complained in my head as I tried to catch my breath while trying to figure out where he could have gone. This is a multi-floored library. I'm never going to find him.

-

[A/N]

Unedited

Working on the next chapter!! I want it to be a bit longer so it's taking me a bit to write it.

I've had three papers to write for school, which means I've been writing a lot recently and I guess I have writer's block or whatever people call it. Sorry if updates are slow, I have finals that are coming up really soon. >.<

If I'm being honest I don't really have a huge idea of what this story is going to become. I know what I want the ending to be but I'm not really sure how I'm going to progress the story. I have a lot in mind but wording things interestingly isn't my strong suit, but I will try my best!