02. From Afar

"Y/n, before you leave, like always please be careful. You don't know when you lose consciousness and don't know how you end up at the tree, try to be as aware as possible." Dr. Kim said as I made my way out.

Pushing open the hospital doors, I'm met with a cool breeze and subconsciously wrap my arms around my body to keep warm. The sun was starting to set as I heard a gentle voice call out my name "Y/n!" Jimin called as he made his way over to me. Jimin draped his arm over my shoulders providing me with little warmth, and with his arm over me, he dragged me along to follow him to the night market he had been raving about all week.

-

"Where are we going?" I complained as my feet slowly started to hurt, "You'll see!" he said with a soft smile plastered on his face.

Walking to our destination felt like hours, the sun now just barely above the horizon and the air becoming colder. Making our way through the market, weaving through different people and vendors, occasionally bumping shoulders with strangers we finally arrive at the location Jimin was the most excited about.

"Ta-Daa!" Jimin said while motioning his hands towards the restaurant we were now standing in front of "This place literally has the best chicken katsu I've ever had, I've been thinking about coming to this place every day since I last had it" he said as he grabs my hand while leading me inside the busy restaurant. "Is this really what you made me walk all this way for, it better be as good as you're describing" I gently pulled my arm out of his grasp as we found a place to sit. As we sat down I noticed a serious look take over Jimin's face, I already knew what he was going to say,

"It happened again, didn't it? He asks in a serious but concerned tone "Oh my gosh, how were you able to tell? Was it you meeting me in front of the doctor's office that gave it away?" I jokingly say, laughing and playfully hitting his arm, making it not as big of a deal as he was trying to make it out to be. His gaze not changing, face still filled with concern. "Be serious, we both know you only talk to Dr. Kim when it happens more often..." he paused and we sat in silence for a short moment "Please tell me you at least didn't end up walking to that tree?" I averted my eyes to the floor, not wanting to tell the truth but also not wanting to lie to him I kept my mouth shut, silence filling a room that was loud with chatter from other customers. Jimin reached forward grabbing my hands that had previously been resting on the table "Did you make it home safe?" he asked gently, knowing my actions answered his previous question, his thumb slowly gilded back and forth on the top of my hand. Bringing my gaze back to his "I did" I answered shortly. My eyes slowly catching the attention of a familiar silhouette in the distance outside of the window

"It's him..." I mumbled, slowly pulling my hands away from Jimin as my body lifted itself from my seat. "What??" Jimin questioned while turning his head to see what had caught my attention. I wasn't thinking, all of my focus on the man I would only see in my head. "He's real" My words only came out as whisper, "Y/n, you have to speak up. What are you looking at?!" worry taking over Jimin's voice. My body moves on its own, the chair squeaking on the floor as it's pushed back. I make my way over to the door, catching a glance of the bustling and bright street, the bell at the top of the door rings as I push it open.

When the night breeze hits my warm face, my eyes close for a second and reopen to a dark and beautiful night sky. My previous actions slipped my mind, having no recollection of where I had just come from.

As I walk on the unpaved and empty streets, my gaze falls upon a familiar man's silhouette. Carrying a lantern lighting his path as the strange man makes his way towards the dark forest ahead, my feet start to pick up the pace to a light jog trying to catch up with the man. "Excuse me?" my voice shaking from the lack of air in my lungs from jogging, my hand reaches out to try and turn him around.

A hand wraps around my bicep and I feel a strong tug on my arm, "Ow" I exclaimed and looked up at the source of the pain "What was that for Jimin?" I say, pulling my arm away and rubbing the spot where he had grabbed roughly "You weren't responding and you were chasing after something! I finally caught up to you, we're practically at the end of the market now!" he exclaimed out of breath. "What are you talking about we're still in... the.. restaurant..." my words trailed as I looked at our surroundings while catching a fast glimpse of the familiar man turning a corner no longer in sight. We are no longer in the restaurant, but now in a crowd of people trying to enter and exit the market.

-

The day finally comes to an end, Jimin holding my hand tightly, scared I'll run off again as he walks me back to my apartment. "Are we going to talk about this?" Jimin asks, stopping in front of my apartment door, hands still intertwined. "Another time.." I say, letting go of his hand to unlock the door.

-

[A/N]

Unedited

It took me a while to think of a plot for this chapter, I hope it makes sense and you guys understand what I'm trying to imply is happening to Y/n. _