Chapter [14]

Chapter [14]
A midday walk
^^^^^^^

Skeleton stared at the paper, unresponsive. He hadn't left his room for hours.

Your family survived the attack.

What did it mean? I mean, Skeleton knew what it meant, obviously, that his family was alive, but how would Wither know this?

That stupid bastard is up to something, isn't he?

Skeleton didn't know. He sighed and put the paper down on the desk. He still didn't know if he could trust Wither, despite everything that they'd been through in the weeks that Skeleton had been there.

Another note was slipped under his door, and he curiously went to pick it up.

Are you coming out yet?

And another one.

I made food.

Collecting the notes, he put them on his desk, before going over to the door and shouting out;

"Hey! Are you using the paper out of my art room?!"

There was no answer, no note, nothing. Nothing except the warm smell of cooking from outside of the door.

Despite him wasting his precious paper, Skeleton didn't mind the notes at all. He was glad that Wither didn't just teleport into his room and actually gave him the privacy.

He turned back to his bed and sunk down. Stupid corruption.

You know, maybe if there wasn't any corruption, I might have joined Monster School on my own terms. I might've even befriend Wither.
Clearly that fantasy was thrown out of the window a while ago.

Closing his eyes, he divided to rest for a few minutes, just to think over things.
He woke up in the middle of the day.

Shit.
A midday walk never hurt anyone, right?
Well, it might hurt me, but so be it.
That isn't going to be a obstacle! I'll just evade the sun's rays!

Skeleton thought, a smug look on his face as he pretended to karate chop the sun.

He opened the door, cringing at its squeakiness.
Making his was to the stairs slowly, he paused outside Wither's room.

Silence.
At least I'm not gonna disturb him...
Why do I care, anyway?

To prove the point that he didn't care, he strode over to the stairs, almost falling down them due to it.

Maybe that wasn't the best idea...

Skeleton's head whipped around when he heard something, but it was gone as soon as it had happened. He just shrugged and continued down the stairs.

Could've sworn I heard someone laugh... clearly not.

However, when he got to the armour stand, his father's iron helmet wasn't there, having been replaced with shining diamond armour.
Attached to it was a note.

~~~~~

Hey Skel!

Assumed you might wanna go out for a midday walk, and to save me the troubles of last time, here's a full set of enchanted diamond armour; protection IV of course.
If you want to use your helmet then fine; it's in the box next to it, but PLEASE!
For both our sakes, wear the fucking armour!

Wither Xx

~~~~~

Skeleton just sighed in defeat, but he was also glad to some degree.
Clearly the sun wasn't going to be an obstacle anymore.

Damn you, Wither...

He thought, but despite not anyone there to see, his face held a smile.

^^^^^^^

Xx