chapter 1- vegas

*SMASHHH*

i woke up from a loud crash.

sounds like something fell hard . 

startled ,i groaned and got up.
i walked up close to my door, trying to listen to whatever was going on outside . 

i heard some muffled voices. 
i got closer to the door n then heard

"what is wrong with you macau?!"  a woman's voice spoke.
"what is wrong with me!? r u kidding me?"  the latter yelled .

i got what was going on. another one of macau and that woman's fight. 

macau was my little brother. one of the very few people i cared about .
and that woman is my father's wife .

my dad was out for business for a few days . making that woman think she can rule this house, just because she was the wife of my father and because of that unborn child inside her belly. my dad seemed to give her a lot of attention because of that. maybe because he had high hopes for that unborn child. 

i walked outside the room. banging the door shut.
the attention fell on me as silence began to creep .

"whats going on this time " i asked in an uninterested voice . 
i clearly wasnt interested on one of her whinnings again .

"macau isnt listening to me! i told him many times -" she started but was soon cut off by my brother.

"i dont need permission from you to bring my friends over do i?!" macau snapped back at her. 

"macau, while your dad is gone i will take care of you both and the matters of this house. and you aren't allowed to bring anyone over until your dad gets back from his business trip" the woman spoke in a demanding manner .

"and who do you think you are that we have to follow your rules?" i spoke angrily this time.

take care of both of us? when did she started caring about that? when did anyone care? that line ticked me off .

 when father is home she always acts so sweet . but when he is out in a business trip like this one, she acts like she's the owner of this house. though she might be talking to us calmly. But i dont like the demand in her tone. she's the one who took my mother's place. but my mom wont be replaced by me or macau, ever. 

i hated every woman dad brought. he and his countless affairs killed my mom .

she sighed heavily . and then continued 
"listen vegas. i dont want you acting like a child okay? and macau, if you want your friends over so bad, i will ask your dad for his permission" she spoke sternly .

"fucking shit!" macau yelled before going to his room, banging the door shut behind him .

i walked to him and told him to get ready fast, i will give him a ride to school . 
and he agreed.
i also went and did my morning routine .

i wore a white shirt with long sleeves and  black pants . both neatly ironed .
it was my first day at my new university .
i finally made it into the university of my dreams after shedding my blood ,sweat and tears . 

i did all this hardwork not just because it was one of the best universities but also because a certain someone went there. 

i looked at the time and hurriedly put on some perfume and slick my hair a bit .

'perfect'
i liked how i looked today .

i picked my bag up and went downstairs waiting for macau to hurry up . 
i waited on the sofa and heard footsteps coming towards me. 
i turned around .hoping it was macau cause we were going to get late if he didnt hurry his ass up.

but it wasn't him .

"you guys leaving now? want something to eat before you go?" that woman asked

"......." i turned away from her. ignoring her. 

"vegas." she said in a low but stern tone.

i sighed and turned towards her. i didn't have any enery nor time to waste on arguing with her .

"no."  i replied to her question earlier. 

macau came running down and saw us. he frowned at the sight of that woman. 

"hurry up, lets go." i said breaking the silence . 

"coming." said macau . 

we both walked out and got into my bike. i gave him another helmet then wore mine. 
and i drove off. getting macau to his school then driving towards my university .

i was quite excited to be honest.

--------

i reached my university in time. 
it was huge .

i was awstruck . it was so pretty with huge buildings and a nice view. people were crowding .
sounds of people chattering , laughing, gossiping . 

i liked the new surrounding . it was a fresh start at my new university. 

asking people around me for the way, i found my way to the business management building. 
i took my schedule from the desk .
 the phi there told me to go to the main hall that was located a bit far from my building. saying that the seniors were holding a welcoming party for the newcomers .
(phi is a way to address someone older .)

i guess there wont be much classes today . or any . if possible .

i looked at the map given to me n followed the directions. 
it took me quite a while to find the way because the map wasnt helping me, like at all. 

as soon as i got there i could hear loud chattering through the doors of the hall.

this was a nice way to get to know people and make fast friends .

---

i went in, looking desperately around me. hoping that i see him.
after looking for a while and not finding anything i gave up and went to the food counter .

the seniors were giving us drinks and snacks and they made us play a few silly games .

 i can feel the air lighten up around me. i also made some friends . some from different buildings while some from my own .

i was enjoying the cold drink that was hitting my sore throat from the inside , after all these activities that made me hot and breathless. 

"vegas? is that you?" a voice spoke behind me. i couldn't hear it nicely. maybe the person was a bit far from me. but i can recognise that voice anywhere. 

i looked back in a snap . my eyes roaming around through the crowd, trying to find the source of the voice. 
until my eyes landed on him.

the corner of my mouth sprung to a smile. 
"p'porsche.." i breathed out .

"see i told you it was vegas!" he yelped in happiness . 

his smile made my heart flutter. 

but who was he talking to? i was wondering who was making p'porsche chuckle like a kid and looked at the man beside him. my eyes turned into a frown and the smile wasn't there on my lips anymore. 

"nong vegathh. wow didnt expect to see you here" the man beside him spoke. almost in a mocking tone. 
(nong is used as a way to address someone younger)

I turned slowly towards the source of that mocking voice..

...."pete.." i said slowly .

------

if there are any mistakes please let me know :)