Horror Movie night

It was a Friday night and me and Eddie were hanging out. We weren't really sure what we wanted to do. So we decided to go to the movie store to rent a movie.

  When we walked in we saw Robin and Steve, they were working there.

"Hey guys!" Said Robin from the counter. I walked up to the counter. "Hey. I didn't know you guys worked nights." I said trying to make conversation. "Yeah it's a real drag. Being stuck with man child all evening ." She said gesturing towards Steve, he was trying to put a cardboard cutout of Freddie Krueger, he didn't even notice we were there until he got frustrated and threw a piece behind him, "oh hey when did Eddie and (Y/N) get here?" He asked. We just laughed. Robin looked back at us and whispered "see, man child." We laughed and started looking for a movie.

  We searched through the store, then I came across the horror section. I've always loved horror movies. Eddie however (although he doesn't admit it) is scared of them.

"Hey Eddie how about Halloween?" I ask. He comes over and looks at it. "But it's not Halloween." He said trying to make up an excuse. Steve came over to us, "Halloween is a really good one, scary too." He said. I looked at Eddie with eyes that said "pleaseeeee" he jokingly rolled his eyes and said "Okay , we'll take that one."

  We went back to the trailer with the VHS and put it on. Eddie got popcorn and I got the blanket from his room. We sat on the couch and out the blanket over us. Then hit play.

All was going well at first, Eddie had his arm around my shoulder and I was cuddled into him, the movie started out not too scary. But at around the 20 minute mark stuff got real. At one point, Michael Myers was inside a closet and you couldn't see him but you could hear him breathing. Eddie had his face buried in the crook of my neck and had both his arms around me. Then when Michael popped out Eddie screamed bloody murder. He jumped and almost knocked the bowl of popcorn on to the floor, but I caught it. I looked over at him. He tried to play it cool. It was hilarious.

After another jumpscare in the movie he was cuddled in to me. He stayed like that for the rest of the movie. Screaming every time there was any sort of noise.

When the movie finished he was not even looking at the screen. He looked up from having his face in the crook of my neck. "You okay darling?" I asked. He just looked around the room. "Yeah... yeah I'm fine" he said. He was clearly scared shitless. "You were scared weren't you?" I joked. "Pfft.... no.." he mumbled. I just laughed and placed a quick kiss on his lips, I decided to mess with him "hey we should go on a walk."  I said with a smirk. "NOPE ABSOLUTELY NOT." He exclaimed. Grabbing me by my hips and pulling me onto him. I laughed, he looked terrified. He fell asleep on the couch, I looked up at him and whispered with a grin "scaredy cat".