"Not my Eddie" pt.3

Songs to listen to:

If this was a movie- Taylor Swift
Cardigan- Taylor Swift
Til forever falls apart- Ashe
Take me home (acoustic)- Cash Cash & Bebe Rexha
Home- Catie Turner
I'm gonna be (500 miles)- Sleeping at last
The Scientist- Coldplay

It's been two weeks. He still isn't back. God I miss him. Some nights it's like I can still feel him. The worst part is that I have no idea if he's okay. What if he's hurt? Or... even worse. It's been a long two weeks of crying myself to sleep every night. He needs to come home. To me. The police search is just as intense as ever. His name is all over the news. I still don't think he did this. He would never hurt someone, especially not in the brutal ways they were describing on the news.

  I was walking through the woods. Still yelling "EDDIE" in hopes to find him. No luck. Until I heard bustling in the bushes. I walked over and whispered "Eddie?" There was no response. I decided to move the push to reveal what was there. And to my horror, it was Eddie, dead. Eyes out, bones broken. I fell backwards screaming bloody murder.

My eyes shot open. I had broken into a cold sweat. I couldn't breathe for a moment. It was a dream. Thank god. I started to cry. I need him. I decided to go get a glass of water from my kitchen to try and calm myself down. My parents were out of town so nobody heard me wake up screaming. I got a glass out of my cupboard and filled it up with water. I drank the entire glass then put it in the sink. It looked at the clock. It was three in the morning. I just put my head in my hands for a moment. Then I heard something. It sounded like it was coming from my bedroom. My heart started going at a million miles an hour. I grabbed a knife and slowly went upstairs. As I neared my room I peaked through the crack in my door. There was somebody in there. I slowly opened to door. No way. This couldn't be real.

"Eddie?" I said dropping the knife to the floor. He turned. It was really him. Standing in front of me.

"Sweetheart" he whispered. I never jumped into his arms quicker in my life. I broke down in sobs. His arms were tight around my back. He smelled like smoke. I don't know why. But I didn't care. I didn't care about anything. I let go of him.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" I said in complete shock.

"They cleared my name. I don't have to hide anymore. He said smiling. I gasped and kissed him. "Oh thank god. Eddie I have had the worst two weeks without you. Please never leave me again." I choked. "Don't worry baby, I'm never going anywhere." He said. Wrapping his arms around my waist again. "I love you. So much." He mumbled. "I love you too, more than you could ever know." I replied. He was home. Safe and sound. Back in my arms once again. No more sleepless nights, no more fear. My Eddie was home.