Crying in my prom dress

Songs to listen to:
Prom Queen: Catie Turner
Prom Dress- mxmtoon
Betty- Taylor Swift
The other woman- Lana Del Rey
Teardrops on my guitar- Betty

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for for years, it's prom! And I am so excited. I don't have a date yet though. But I'm not worried, because I know exactly who I'm going to ask.

  For the last few weeks I have been getting close with Eddie Munson. He's known as the school freak but he's actually really cool. I really like him. And I feel like he feels the same, so today I'm planning on asking him to come to prom with me.

  My plan was to just go up to him at the end of the day and ask him. I am so nervous but I feel like it will all be fine. Even if we don't go as a couple we can just go as friends.

  After the last bell rang I walked around the halls trying to find him. He was nowhere to be found. So I decided to start walking home so I could call him. But when I got to the parking lot, I saw him. "Here goes nothing." I whisper to myself.

   I walk up to him. He turned around and saw me. "Hey (Y/N) whats up?" He asks with his classic Eddie grin. I just blurt it out before I can think.

  "Will you go to prom with me?" I say. He seems caught off guard. "It's nothing against you but prom just isn't my thing. I'm really sorry." He said with sorry eyes. My heart sinks to my stomach, but I play it cool. "Oh um... that's fine, don't worry about it." I say. "You sure?" He asks. I just nod. "Okay. Well I gotta head home." He says. I wave goodbye and start walking. I should have known he didn't like prom. I'll just go with the girls instead.

————————————————————————

  It was the next day, prom was in an hour. I put on my dress, it was dark blue and pretty long. My makeup and hair was done and I thought I looked pretty. Nancy & Robin show up and we make our way to the school. I catch myself thinking about Eddie a few times in the car but I shake it off.

  When we arrive we walk straight through a crowd of people into the gym. The lights are glistening and it feels like a dream. I was so happy. "Wow isn't this beautiful- Nancy?" I say. She's looking at something with a shocked expression. I look in the same direction. I too was shocked. It was Eddie. But he wasn't alone, he was with Chrissy, they were dancing. Me heart sunk again. And without hesitation I ran out of the school to the bleachers crying. I get to the bleachers and sit. The only thing in my mind was "He lied, maybe he just didn't want it go with you. Maybe you're not good enough."

  "Oh my god (Y/N) we're so sorry." Yells Robin as her and Nancy run to me. "It's fine you don't have to apologize." Nancy says. "Don't let him ruin your night." Says Robin. I look at her. "He lied to me." I choke. They just hug me until I finally gather the strength to go back into the school.

THANK YOU @acciomyclothesoff FOR THE IDEA <3