8. THE ADDITION.

Daryl woke up well past sun down. He could hear movement outside his door, hushed voices, a curt No, followed by more whispering. Feet shuffled and someone slightly tapped his door then cursed. Whoever was outside didn't want to be heard. Daryl tiptoed towards the door and swung it open. A boy who was eavesdropping almost stumbled into him. Behind him was Jay-den and his minions.

The boy was able to find his balance. He looked away while fixing his glasses which had almost dropped. They all looked at each other awkwardly before Jay-den said that everyone was gathering in the cafeteria for a quick announcements before dinner. He didn't bother telling him why they were spying on him, but he couldn't care less. Daryl took a purple jacket from behind his door, closed it and walked past them towards the common area. He noticed the snow owl was gone, so that meant that The Preceptor had found a solution regarding his abilities.

Jay-den and everyone else who were at his door trailed behind him. The little miscreant still had a sneer up his face but he kept his distance. Whatever he had been told kept him at an arms distance from him and he thanked the Elder ancestors for that. At the common area he found Nate seated on one of the fur pillows. He had his eyes closed and opened them as soon as he heard several pairs of feet coming towards him.

He stood up with his hands in his pockets and came towards him.

"You have some fans," he observed.

"Yeah, I don't like it, why are they following me?" he asked him.

"Fel talked, walk with me," he said as he turned towards the double doors.

Daryl liked Nate. He didn't ask questions. He didn't talk alot, only gave the information that was needed or asked and minded his business. They walked silently as if they understood that neither of them liked much talk. Several people passed them at a distance, others completely avoided them. If anyone came near them, they either increased their paced, slowed down, stopped talking and looked away. Jay-den and his friends followed them but they were still a distance away.

They finally got to the cafeteria and headed to the Cosmicam table. Everyone was there, other members of the factor fell quiet as they passed them and headed over to where Clara, Sierra and Fel were seated. The factor table next to them was Ignis, with their red coded attire kept looking at him and talking in low tones even though they did a poor job.

"I hear he can summon your faery," one girl said.

"I call bullshit, I heard he can overrule your commands to your faery," a guy argued.

It went on and on before a bulky guy told them all to shut up about it and focus on other things. Everyone on that table stopped making assumptions but they still tried to look over. It was the same for all the other tables. Others passed near him just to look at him even though he could clearly see their tables were far away.

Nate seemed amused by everything that was happening. Clara kept glaring at anyone who came close to them, Sierra hummed while playing with some energy at her fingertips. Fel had placed herself in a sleeping position on the table and was tapping her feet on the floor. Daryl slanted back into his chair, raised his hood up and crossed his arms as he waited for the meeting to start.

It didn't take long for The Preceptor to finally walk on with seven Overlords following him. Ecron was present as well as a few other people who looked important.  He walked up to a large raised podium with different kinds of seats on them and a long magnificent table in the middle. They all sat down. Ecron produced a parchment which he handed to The Preceptor. He turned towards another man with red and black robes and they spoke for a while before the man sat down and The Preceptor held up a hand. The entire cafeteria fell quiet as everyone turned his attention to him.