9. THE REVELATION

A ringing sound startled Daryl out of his sleep. He looked over and saw his bedside orb chiming at intervals. He touched it but nothing happened. He was now invested in making it stop chiming. By the time he figured it out, he was fully awake. He headed over to the window drapes and peered through them. It was still a little dark outside but the birds were chirping. He stretched as he wondered how his day would go.

Daryl started for the bath before he remembered he had no clothes. He looked for his communication orb to ask Sierra but he couldn't see it anywhere. He let go of the thought as Sierra could be busy anyway, turned and started for the common area. He got there and sure enough at the table were his clothes. Almost a week and a half's worth of attire. They had been perfectly color coded as he had chosen. They all had the emblem he had chosen, all in the right color. Daryl opened the double doors and sure enough they bore his gryphon insignia as well as the circle that was atop the door.

Satisfied, he closed the doors and went back to start his day. His attire fit perfectly. The insignia on his school jacket was placed on his upper left sleeve. The color code strip was placed on his t-shirt on the left side only, two lines just starting below his armpit going all the way down to the hemline. His pants were the same except for the fact that the two lines ended just above his knees. He wore the same black hunting boots.

Daryl gave himself one final look. He looked okay and liked how his attire fit him perfectly. He gave himself a nod and decided he should stop by the cafeteria first. He got to the double doors and one of them swung open. He found himself facing a crowd. Different factor apprentices had swarmed around his door. They were busy staring at his insignia. They all moved a few feet away once they saw him. His way out was blocked as they peered over to look at his color code. They murmured to themselves. Daryl let out a frustrated sigh as he decided he would have to force his way through and leave them.

He started moving forward before he saw Clara and Fel making their way through the crowd. After some pushing and shoving, they finally made it. They looked over at the emblem behind him and gasped.

"That wasn't on the orb," Clara stated.

"Good morning to you too," he said.

He looked over at the crowd which seemed to get bigger by the minute. He needed to leave. He grabbed Clara and Fel who squeaked in surprise. He decided to squeeze himself along the edges of the dome. It was a little awkward but he finally made it and heaved a sigh of relief.

"How did you get that animal?" Fel asked.

"It's a gryphon, it just appeared," He answered heading towards the cafeteria.

Clara seemed immersed in thought before asking.

"Don't they exist only in children books, is it your faery?" she asked.

"Maybe, I'm not sure, I hope the colors are okay?" he answered changing the topic.

Clara forgot about the insignia as she studied the color code and it's pattern.

"Its unique, definitely stands out," she said.

She also informed him that Nate had gone to do some duties regarding Angus' class session while Sierra was still gathering up her stuff. He hadn't seen Jay-den for a while and he was convinced he wasn't assigned to him anymore. They finally got to the cafeteria where Clara immediately pointed out his new table. It was a little bit far away from theirs, next to factor 22's, but the same size. It was black and right in the middle was his blue and white emblem. It really stood out in contrast to the black shiny surface of the table. It had chairs lined up on it's sides too.