Six.

When Bradley told me that he and Maverick had a long talk after whatever happened earlier today, I was surprised. Just about a week prior, he said that he wasn't sure if he ever wanted to speak to him again, but I'm glad they're working on smoothing things over. I was, and still am, worried that his personal feelings about Maverick and Hangman are going to interfere with him completing this mission safely.

I was in our room changing clothes and looking for something to wear. I opted for a simple T-shirt dress that had pockets because it was comfy, and had room to stretch as my bump grew bigger. I wasn't at the uncomfortable stage yet, but I was getting there.

"Babe! Baby?" I heard Bradley calling down the hall as his footsteps got louder. "Where are you?

"I'm in here!" I called from the closet as I heard the bedroom door swing open. "In the closet."

"Damn," He whistled as he leaned against the door frame. "You look beautiful."

"Shut up," I laughed as I put on my flip flops. "You left Maverick waiting out there?"

Bradley shrugged as he walked over to me and put his hands on my hips, tilting my chin up so he could kiss me. "He can wait."

"Bradley!" I laughed as I kissed him back, placing my hands on his waist. "That's not very nice. We need to get going."

"Alright, but we're not finished!" He called after me as I walked out of the closet.

"Nothing was ever started," I smirked, gasping as he smacked my ass. "Bradley!"

"Not finished!" He reminded me as I rolled my eyes while shutting off the light and closing the bedroom door.

He waited for me by the front door as I grabbed my purse and hung it off my shoulder. "Are you nervous to meet Mav?"

"Not really," I answered honestly. "I've been expecting it. I mean, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Are you relieved that you're talking things out?"

"Yes," He smiled as he put his hand on the small of my back while we walked out the door and to his Jeep. "I was tired of being angry all the time."

Maverick got out of the Jeep when he saw us approaching and smiled at me. When we came up, he didn't hesitate to introduce himself.

"Jordan, it's great to finally meet you," He smiled as we hugged. "I've heard lots of great things about you."

"It's great to finally put a face to the name," I smiled as I pulled away from him. "Oh, you have? I hope they're good things."

"I'd say so," He laughed as he looked down at my bump. "Congratulations, by the way."

"Thank you," I beamed as I looked back at Bradley, who was also smiling. "We're super excited to be parents."

We got in the car, and I offered Maverick to have the front seat, but he insisted that I take it, and so did Bradley. Bradley had one hand on the wheel and the other one holding onto mine the entire time we drove to the diner. It wasn't very crowded when we got there, which I enjoyed. We got a booth in the back and had wasted no time getting down to conversation.

"I gotta know how you guys met. We have years worth to catch up on," Maverick said with a grin as Bradley and I both looked at each other. I could feel my cheeks go red. "Let's hear it."

"I was newly 18, and by newly, I had just turned 18 like a couple weeks prior," I laughed as Bradley hung his arm over my shoulders. "My friends and I were on the beach and they were complaining that we couldn't play volleyball with just four people, which I guess would be kinda boring..."