Sixteen.

A/N: This might be the chapter y'all have been waiting for. ;)

*** Bradley's POV ***

Jordan had left for the hospital a little after 2:30 in the morning. It was creeping closer to 6, and I still had not shut my eyes or even attempted to take a little nap.

My head was flooded with so many questions that I didn't even have answers to. Shouldn't you be there for Jordan? She's been there for you. Who cares if you don't remember getting her pregnant, she needs you right now, asshole. That was just my inner monologue being nice to me for once. I was more than beating myself up for not being there for Jordan during labor.

Phoenix texted me that she was dilated to four centimeters and that she was waiting to get an epidural. Lots of tears were being shed from being in pain and saying she missed me and needed me there. Mav and the others had shown up, and that made me feel like an even bigger asshole.

I got frustrated with not being able to fall asleep, so I decided to get up and get ready for the day. I wasn't sure why, because I wasn't going anywhere except to lay back in bed and watch tv, but at least it was giving me something to do in the meantime.

While I was getting ready, I opened up the dresser drawer to get my comb out. It wasn't in its usual spot, so I reached a little further back expecting to find it, but instead I found a balled up napkin with my phone number scribbled on it, a few bottle caps, and two pink shells.

Xoxox

Summer 2014...

After practically making out with Jordan on the first night we met, we agreed to go out because she "doesn't think making out on first meetings is a date." I was flattered. And in love. Already.

I didn't really have many dressy clothes, and I did not think showing up in uniform was the right choice, so I kept it simple with a pair of jeans, a white tank top, and one of my vintage Hawaiian button downs. I wore this one so much that the green color of it was starting to fade. In a hurry after checking the time, I grabbed my Aviators off my bedside table and put them on before grabbing my keys and rushing out the door. We agreed on meeting at The Hard Deck at 7, and it was already 6:45.

It was weird getting nervous over a girl I'd only known for a couple of days. I didn't even have her phone number yet, so how was I going to know she was even going to be here? She could've stood me up for all I know.

As I was getting out of my Jeep, I saw her walking down the sidewalk to the Hard Deck. She gave me a wave with a small smile, and I walked over to her.

"You walked here?" I asked in disbelief. "Or did someone drive you?"

"I walked," She shrugged. "It's not that far from my house, and I don't have a license yet."

"I could've come and got you," I said as I held the door open for her. "I didn't know you were gonna walk all the way here."

She shrugged again, looking me up and down with a playful smirk. "You look good."

"You look even better," I returned the compliment as her cheeks grew a faint red.

Penny had reserved me one of the only booths in the entire place because I stressed how important this date was. This was potentially the love of my life. She spotted us and gave me a half smile with a subtle nod to the corner.

"I don't think I've ever been here when there was a booth open," She laughed over the music as I slid into the booth across from her. "I guess we got lucky."