Seventeen.

Bradley and I got a couple hours of privacy to bond with Charlotte before I was moved to a postpartum room. The nurse had disconnected me from the IV's until I needed more pain meds, and told me I was free to get up and move around, and even take a shower if I wanted to, as she had already stocked the bathroom with towels, pads, mesh underwear, and other things I was going to need.

She left the room after making sure we had plenty of diapers, baby blankets and swaddles in Charlotte's crib, which once again gave us some privacy.

"I'm sure everyone's down there desperately waiting to see Charlotte, so I need to get a shower because I feel absolutely disgusting," I laughed as I rubbed my tired eyes. "I'm also sore, but the morphine is making it manageable."

"Do you need any help? Or should I stay out here with the baby?" Bradley asked as he watched me like a hawk while I stood up. "We can bring her crib by the door so she's close by, and I can still help you."

"Yeah," I said as I opened up the bag that I had packed for me, getting out the little travel size shampoo, conditioner and body wash along with my toothbrush and toothpaste. "They've been waiting a long time down there," I laughed as I looked over at Charlotte, who was sleeping peacefully swaddled up in her crib. It brought a smile to my face.

"They can continue to wait. You and Charlotte come first," He said as I pulled a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt out of my bag. The nurse had said as long as I was comfortable, I didn't need to put the gown back on if I didn't want to.

I went into the bathroom and set everything down on the little shelf above the sink, leaving the door open. Bradley followed behind me and left Charlotte's crib right outside the door so she was in our full view the entire time. He undid the gown ties from my neck and my back, helping me slide it off before laying it on the other sink outside the door.

"I still look nine months pregnant," I said as I looked at myself in the mirror. "And my face is still swollen!"

"You just had a baby not even three hours ago," Bradley said as I held onto his shoulders while stepping out of the first mesh underwear and pad I had on while in the delivery room. "It's gonna take some time for things to go back to normal." He said as he held my arms.

Glancing back at Charlotte every so often, I was in the shower, with the help of Bradley. He grabbed the peri bottle off the sink and gave it to me while I held onto his shoulder again. Shifting my feet on the floor so I wouldn't slip, I spread my legs apart just enough to get the bottle between them and gently cleansed myself off.

"Ow, ow, ow," I hissed through my teeth as he helped me back up. "I'm alright, I'm alright. It just hurts. I have 32 stitches down there from your daughter's big head," I laughed as he put the bottle back on the shelf.

"That's something you two have in common," He teased as he washed my back and legs while standing outside of the shower trying not to get too wet. He glanced back at the crib and Charlotte was still peacefully sleeping, I was surprised, but relieved that I was able to shower and get cleaned up.

He helped me wash my hair and condition it, then while I was washing off my front, Bradley got my towels ready. "Did you want your nursing bra, babe? I don't see it here with your clothes."

"Oh, yeah," I said as I shut the water off and opened the curtain back up. "Can you grab it?"

He left the bathroom and was back not even a minute later, handing it to me. He helped me dry off, and I couldn't help but think about how vulnerable I was. "This is embarrassing," I muttered as I grabbed the little pack of mesh underwear and grabbed one out. "They're like diapers."

"Nobody's gonna know you have one on," He reassured me as he held my cheeks in his hands before giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead. "You've got an open wound down there. It's gonna take a little time to stop bleeding."