Seven.

A/N: the next few chapters are going to be in Rooster's POV!

*** Bradley's POV ***

After last week's outbursts and high tensions while we all struggled with flying the route in our navigation systems and learning how to drop bombs on target, Maverick decided we needed a day of team building exercises, whatever that had meant.

He told us to meet him at the beach and dismissed us early to go change. We were all equally confused, but agreed we could use some time off

"What do you think he's got planned?" Phoenix asked. "Must be pretty important if we're going to the beach a week and a half before the mission."

"I don't know," I said as I threw my bag in the passenger seat of my Jeep and got in. "But I'm gonna go home and change, maybe see if Jordan wants to come. She said she gets kinda lonely during the day if nobody's home."

"Bring her!" Phoenix smiled. "I'd love to see her."

We waved at each other as I started up my Jeep and drove off, ignoring Hangman as he yelled something after me. Since he basically told everyone that Maverick was involved in the accident that happened with my dad, I hadn't been speaking to him unless needed during training, and he's been trying to get under my skin ever since.

I didn't tell Jordan I was on my way back because I wanted to surprise her and get her reaction. It was about 3, and Maverick wanted us at the beach at 4, so I had plenty of time to get changed and see if Jordan wanted to come hang out at the beach with us. By us, I meant the usual group minus Hangman.

When I pulled up, there was a car I didn't recognize in the driveway. I knew it wasn't her dad or her brother's, and her sister didn't have a car, but I remembered Jordan saying that her sister had a boy she was seeing, so I figured it was him.

I grabbed my bag out of the passenger seat before stepping out of my Jeep and heading inside. There on the couch was her sister, Jessica, and some boy I'd never seen before laying on the couch.

"Does your dad know you've got some boy in here?" I asked as she jumped up quickly. I laughed at her reaction.

"You're not supposed to be here for another few hours!" She protested. "Why are you here? Did you get fired?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I said as I watched the boy swallow and eye me up and down. "Where's Jordan?"

"In her room minding her own business," Jessica said as she looked away from me. "Don't tell my dad!"

"I don't care what you do!" I yelled down the hallway as I walked into our bedroom and smiled when I saw her laying on the bed watching tv. "Surprise!"

A wide smile quickly spread across Jordan's face as she sat up in bed and moved to come to the edge.

"It's only a little after three! What are you doing home? Everything okay?" She quizzed as I came over to her and helped her stand up, wrapping her in a hug. "You get into another fight with Hangman?"

"Everything's fine, and no, I did not get into another fight with Hangman," I laughed as I kissed her forehead when she tilted her head up and rested her chin on my chest. "Who's the guy out there with your sister?"

"The boy she's been dating, apparently, now why are you home so early?" She asked impatiently as she wrapped her arms tightly around me, standing on her tippy toes to kiss my chin.

"Mav wants to do some team building exercises. He says we're not working well enough as a team, and we're running out of time before the mission. So, he sent us all home to change clothes and meet him at the beach. I wanted to see if you wanted to come, too."