11

5 DAYS LATER

M I X I E

Avoidance and ignorance. That's the tactic I've used in the last week with all 5 men. As cruel and careless as I may seem, staring into their eyes too much, might just make me feel jittery feelings I do not want to be feeling. I'm still human, and I'm still a woman who craves intimacy and affection, even if I know I'm not ready for it.

So now, it's 6am, and I'm lugging a duffle bag over my shoulder as I hop down the stairs, my flight to Milan takeoff's in an hour. It was a private airstrip that I could get to directly from the floor rather than pushing through a bunch of people who are getting to their gate while running full speed.

It was dark outside, the house had many windows, but even then, the moon didn't illuminate that much. I could barely make out my own steps on the black floor as I walked through the downstairs hallway that connected to the kitchen, front door and a dining room.

My feet freeze as lights flick on, my eyelids squinting slightly as the kitchen archway is to my left, I breathe out in defeat, already knowing who was gonna be standing there.

Stella, Janey, Lainey, Koda, Gabriel, Viktor, Haven, Asher, and even Jacob were all waiting at the chairs around the table, bags next to feet and on the table. My shoulders slumped as I ran a hand over my face with a groan.

"Now, I explicitly told you, this is something big, you will not be going alone, you would say the word, but you didn't say a word. You're taking on too much too fast, so as your older sister and Guardian, we are all going with you. We don't work our best separated, we go as a team, a family. Plus we have reinforcements in case of any bumps."

I didn't have a chance to say a word because she took her bag and carried it in front of me as I gaped, resembling a fish out of water, the rest of them following behind her, leaving Lainey who held her hand out to me. I scowled as I took it, holding her hand as she dragged me out of the house.

We could leave the door open if guards and soldiers were to come today, to keep everything in line while we are gone. They have their entry points on the back of the house, it's an entrance that follows underground to the garage, then they're are able to get there through doors and elevators.

We piled into the limo, Stella probably changed my driving arrangements, now a driver was taking us all. I crossed my legs as I watched out the window, taking in the dark city as we drive through the curves to get to the airstrip. I only glanced around me when I heard a snore, it was light and quiet, but it made me curious as my eyes were drawn to Asher who was slumped in his seat, head bowed down as he steadily slept.

"Wake the fuck up Slone!" Gabriel whisper-yelled into Asher's ear, Asher swatting him away and turning his head to the other direction. My lips twitched before looking down at my lap, tracing the charm on my acrylic name.

I've cemented most of my emotions over the last few days, burying it deep down until it was nothing, but an annoying nudge at my subconscious. I was armoring up for any blow. I wasn't the same pathetic girl from those years ago, I'm the goddess of Hell, I'm Queenie.

xXx

I stirred as touch moved heat over my belly, my body twitching slightly as I lick my lips, my body turned quickly to catch the hand that skimmed over my skin, a fairly grey colored hand held by the wrist in my grip, my eyes slowly blinking to look up at Asher who looked at me with wide eyes as I scowled, trailing my gaze back down his arm to see he had buckled me in.

I snapped a hard glare over to him before letting his wrist go, the plane beginning it's landing as I groggily rubbed my eyes, yawning as a shiver racked my body. Glancing at it's my gaze downward at Asher's body, his left hand was rubbing around the area I had gripped, almost caressing himself, a light touch back and forth over where I was previously latched onto.