Chapter 4- I'm Your Mate

But darling-
I'd still catch a grenade for you.
Throw my head on a blade for you.
I'd jump in front of a train for you.
You know I'd do anything for you.
Ohoh oh oh oh
{Bruno Mars, Grenade}

-Tate's POV-

I watch out the window, anxious for Nick to report to me.

My phone vibrates, and I see a text from him.

In hospital. Come quick. Lynn is hurt.

What hospital?

St. Annie's (this hospital is fictional)

I run outside and get into my Porsche, speeding to the hospital. No one pulls me over, because they know me. I'm the Alpha of my pack, and I might not seem incredibly demanding and inpatient, but that is only around Lynn. Nick is my beta, and a damn good one at that.

As soon as I pull up at the hospital, I run inside. I run up to the nurses station, and ask for Lynn's room. Then nurse is checking me out, and I need to get to my mate. I need to, now.

"So, Mr..."

"Tate Lincoln."

"Who are you here to see?" She asks while glancing at my chest and abs.

"Lynn. My mate." I snap. This is an all werewolves hospital anyways.

"Oh." She is disappointed. "I thought you didn't have one."

"She's new. Now what room?"

"Lynn is in 348."

"Thanks." I tell her.

I run up the stairs, too impatient to take the elevator. I run down the hallway and see Nick.

"What the hell happened?"

"She was in that bar fight, and then afterwards she pulled over. I did too, to check on her. We were talking and she was being Lynn. Then, she put her hand on the back of her head and it was covered in blood. She passed out and I caught her when she fell. I brought her here and texted you."

"Okay. What did the doctors say?"

"She was fighting and someone behind her put a piece of a beer bottle in her head. She didn't feel it till later because of her adrenaline. she should be okay, but the doctors are stitching her head."

I growled. Someone was going to pay for inflicting pain on my mate. I took a deep breath so I could be calm when I saw Lynn.

A doctor exits her room, and bows his head. "Alpha."

"Doctor. How is Lynn?"

He covers his surprise about me asking, and says, "She will be fine once she gets her stitches."

"How long until they're done?" I ask.

"Ten minutes."

"Why so long?" I ask another question.

"They have to shave her head to access the wound." He says,

Lynn is going to be angry. Maybe not, I mean, this is Lynn. I don't think she cares about looks, and I know she is beautiful no matter what.

"Ok."

The ten minutes crawl by at a snails pace, I can't stop thinking about Lynn. What if she had died? I would have been heartbroken. She had been in my life for a few hours, and I think I love her already.

A tired looking Lynn walks out of the room, shoving off the doctor and the nurses who try to help her walk. She is bald, but doesn't seem to mind a bit. She brushes by me, and grabs Nick's hand.