Chapter 10- My Private Island Calls To Me

It was a wicked and wild wind,
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become.
Revolutionaries wait,
For my head on a silver plate.
Just a puppet on a lonely string,
Aw, who would ever want to be king?

Viva la vida, Coldplay.

-Lynn's POV-

I was in my house, the man handcuffed and tied up in the back of my car. I was sure he couldn't escape because the cuffs were silver. I had put cloth on his wrists but if he moved his arms the silver would shift and burn his skin.

I can't believe Tate did that to me.

Maybe he really was tricked? My wolf suggests hopefully.

Get any hope out of our head, now. What part of the rejection do you not understand? I asks her.

It's not complete rejection. She says.

What?

He didn't accept the rejection, so we still share the bond. She announces.

I just need out. I can't go back to the military for another three and a half months, and even then I might not be allowed back.

That land mine had silver and has slowed my healing process to human speed.

I know I left behind clothes inside this house, so I run and grab them. I raid my guest room because my brother stayed here a while ago. I'm not buying new clothes for the captive, but I need to keep him clothed. Ugh.

I call the airport and charter my parents private jet. They don't care, they have so much money it won't even register on their bankroll anyways.

I drive to the airport, and untie the wolf.

"Releasing me?" He asks.

"Nope. Ever flown on a private jet?"

"Nope. Let's go. Anywhere is better than here."

"Agreed." I believe I may make a friend out of him. I mean, he probably didn't know the reason he was at Hank's anyways. Rogues are basically assassins for hire to people with the money to hire them. Mostly rogues don't even know the purpose for the mission.

We board the plane and he looks around in wonder. I plop into a leather chair and grab a bottle of water and an apple. The pilot comes over the speaker and announces takeoff.

The rogue and I sit together, talking for the entire plane ride.

I learn that he was indeed hired by Jack to kidnap me. His name is Kade, and he is a rogue because his pack was killed, not as a punishment or a choice. He loves McDonalds, and the color silver. I dunno why I asked him about that, but we're closer than before the plane ride.

"Kade, I kinda trust you now." I tell him.

"I kinda trust you too." He tells me with a smile. "Where are we going anyways?"

"I own an island off the coast of Europe. We're having an extended vacation." I tell him.

"Okay, two things."

"Shoot." I tell him.

"One, how do you own an island? And two, why are you running from your mate?" He says.

"My parents are loaded, and also extremely forgetful of who has a family checkbook." We chuckle. "And I'm running away because I rejected him after he was kissing a girl. He did this after asking me to room with him. He said she tricked him, but my trust is seriously shitty." I tell him.

He says, "Sorry you get all the shitty mates."

"Not your fault. Jack was worse though. It seems the moon goddess wants me to meet every single cheating male in the population. Life really sucks sometimes, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know." He says, frowning.

"Okay, I told my story, now you tell yours." I say.

"We were attacked by rogues. The strange thing is that they had a pack structure, you know alpha, beta. They took orders, but they were all rogue, it was like a rogue pack. Oxymoron, I know. Anyways, our alpha, beta, and third went to talk and the rogues killed the guards and the high ranked pack members. We really had no backup plan and our options were to become their slaves or to join their pack. Most of us joined, then ran away later and joined another pack. My family had been killed in the attack so I was close to suicide when I met Jack. He offered me a ridiculous amount of money to do the one job. I was thinking I could use it to find my mate, she was lost in the fighting. I know she's alive thought, cause I can still feel the bond. Thank goddess for that." He says.

We reach over and give each other a hug. "I know this is hard Kade but I promise I'll fund your mate finding trip for you." I say.

"We're stronger than ya know. A heart of steel starts to grow!" We start singing 'Superheroes' together, really off key. We're laughing, and I really think we can be close friends. I certainly hope so.

Once the plane lands, I grab my bags and walk towards the crowded streets, hailing a taxi. The driver drops us at a supermarket and I buy tons of food. Then we walk to the nearby marina, fuel the boat, and load all our stuff into it.

I pilot the boat, and we drive in comfortable silence. I can't believe I left. I feel a bit guilty, but not enough to turn around and go back. Not nearly enough.

Kade starts singing, and it's hard to resist his charismatic impressions of Katy Perry, so I join him. We sing until the island is in view. It is a large hill with a flat top rising out of the waves. It looks like something from a mermaid story, with a large castle like home sitting on the top of the hill. I dock the boat and tie it securely. We disembark and haul our stuff up the hill. I open the door, and after putting the groceries away, give Kade a tour of the house.

I open a door, and say, "Here's your room Kade."

He gasps, like a fangirl, grips his bags dramatically, and does a bellyflop onto the large mattress. He lands in a pile of pillows and burrows into them excitedly. I laugh at him, "I brought you clothes Kade."

"Thanks!" His voice is muffled by the bedding.

"Sure. Wanna go for a run later?"

"How do you run on this island?" He asks.

"It's a surprise!" I announce.

He groans dramatically. "I hate surprises."

I shrug. "Tough." Then smiling, I say, "Take a rest, unpack, and meet me downstairs in an hour."

He fake snores, and I laugh and leave the room. I travel down to the basement where there is a track. I never said a run in wolf from, he just assumed.

I jog back upstairs to my room, and hearing his snores, decide to unpack my clothes and the groceries by myself. I shove my clothes into their assigned drawers, and close them quickly. Not wasting time, I unpack the groceries into the cabinets and the fridge. Once everything is done, I sit at a barstool in the kitchen and relax.

"How about that run?" A voice comes from behind me.

"Sure." I shrug. "Leggo."

He chuckles. Leading him to the basement, I show him the track. We race until the sunset, then jog to the beach.

I strip to spandex and my sports bra, and he just wears athletic shorts. I don't feel uncomfortable because we both have mates, so I know he won't look at me in that way at all.

We splash until the sun sets, then we pull ourselves into the beach and lay on towels next to each other.

Our peace, however, is interrupted by the roar of a boat engine.

--------

-JKO

THANKS FOR READING

VOTE AND COMMENT!

New update schedule: every three days before ten pm.

Love y'all

Stay classy✨