Chapter 5- This Means War

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

And the battle's just begun
There's many lost, but tell me who has won
The trench is dug within our hearts
And mothers, children, brothers, sisters
Torn apart

-Sunday, Bloody Sunday, U2 (War, 1983)

Lynn's POV-

Both Alpha and Beta stare at me with clenched jaws.

"A war." Tate mutters to himself. "A fucking war."

A grandma walking by hits Tate with her purse on the way out. "No one wants your sailors mouth in here, sonny!"

Nick chuckles. "You never swear Tate. Not even when you got shot. Lynn, I swear to god, that lady is you in sixty years."

Tate glares at Nick, essentially silencing him. However, I still hear Nick whisper, "It's someone's TOM."

I glance at Nick. "Cut it out Nick. He just found out that in order to care for me, he will have to sacrifice some or most of his pack warriors, and leave himself open to attack."

Nick shuts it, and Tate sends me a grateful look.

"You know I can't send you on without a plan right?" Tate asks me.

"Yeah I know. Just let me go grab something out of my car."

I quickly walk outside to the parking lot. I'm not one of those Luna's who runs to the person chasing her, to cut pack casualties. I am one to sit, make a plan, and then execute it. I grab my briefcase out of the car.

When I return to the room, the boys raise their eyebrows. Yeah, I said boys. Immature little... Whatever. More pressing issues to deal with.

"Do you dare to question the awesomeness of my briefcase?"

"Nope! Lemme see! Lemme see!" Nick is quite the immature child. I glance around the room, and seeing no cameras, open the briefcase.

Inside are a manor of things I used in the military. Some are torture weapons; screws, saws, knives, hammers, and more. Some are honest combat weapons, like small guns and daggers. Inside there is also my rifle, and ammunition. The boys gasp. "You keep all is in your car?"

I nod.

"But what if it got stolen? By a terrorist?"

"I would hunt down the terrorist, cut off his balls, feed them to him, reclaim my briefcase, and use those weapons." I says, gesturing towards the torture section.

"You're scary when you're in military mode." Tate informs me.

"I think it's hot." Nick tells me.

I flip them both off. "Now boys. We need a plan."

Planning. It goes well, but both Nick and Tate have seen my OCD controlling side. We decide that I will run ahead of the pack, acting as if to run back to him- yuck- and then while he is distracted, the Warriors attack. It's not a bad plan, I just need to be an extremely distracting distraction. If I'm not good enough, the pack will be killed. No pressure or anything, right!

It is also decided I will go to Hank's house tonight, and pretend nothing has happened.

"Let's get you some distracting clothes!" Nick whispers, grinning like an idiot.

"No Nick! I will not kiss you!" I announce really loudly, so Tate will hear.

Tate turns with a growl and pushes Nick up a wall. "What did you ask my mate for?"

I blow Nick a kiss and walk towards my car.

"Bye boys!" I yell over my shoulder, while exiting the hospital. I feel someone breathing down my neck. I believe it's Tate, and decide to ignore him for now. He continues to follow me to my car, all the while standing too close. Once I reach for my keys- they were in my pocket- and can't find them, I turn to Tate with a sigh.

"Looking for these?" He asks, holding my keys and jingling them.

I let loose a growl loud enough to pass as an earthquake, and shout, "Give me my keys you spaz!"

He smirks, and says, "You'll have to catch me first!" And runs without a backwards glance.

I decide to wait for him to come back, not in the mood for running. Tate peeks from behind a cement post, and I glance up from my phone, giving him a bland look.

"Why must you be so childish Tate?"

"Why must you be so mature, Lynn?"

"Some things forced me to grow up." I say. I don't realize I've said it out loud, until Tate is next to me, and asks if I want to talk about it. "You sound like my therapist." I inform him.

"You have a therapist?"

"Had."

"What happened?"

"I got blown up, is what happened! The military got me this awful guy who stared at my boobs the entire session. I quit after the first session."

Tate growls and glances at my chest, saying, "I can see why."

"Ugh! Perv!" I announce. Then glancing at my watch, I sigh. "I gotta get to Hank's soon. Otherwise he might helicopter all over this and blow shit up."

"Hank sounds like someone I would like. Maybe I can come?" Tate asks.

"I don't need a chaperone, but thanks for the offer, Mom." I say, smiling.

He pouts. "But it would be fun! We could share a bed!"

"Maybe later." I say, without realizing what I've agreed to.

He looks at me, waiting for me to realize what I've agreed to, and once I do I shout, "No! No! No! I retract my offer! Neverrrrrrrrr!" My 'never' becomes a laugh and a squeal when Tate begins tickling me. I'm not actually ticklish, but decide to play along for now. Because of his stupid cologne I can't feel the bond, but I know he can. I snuggle closer to his chest, and tuck my head under his chin. When he sighs in content, and stops tickling me, I make my move. I know Tate is ticklish. I reach out to tickle him, and he groans and begins laughing uncontrollably. In the end, he pulls me on top of him, and sticks his head into my neck, just breathing. He pulls his gaze away and gazes into my eyes.

"You're so beautiful Lynn." He says.

"Thanks." I say.

He presses his hands on my neck, and pulls my down to his lips.

Do I want this? Should I want this?

No turning back now I guess.

Me being me, aggressive and all, I decide to cut the anticipation short, and I smash my lips to his. It feels wonderful. Our lips fit together perfectly, and my body molds to his. When we stop, we're both out of breath. He smiles at me.

"Don't forget me in the two days you're at Hank's, 'kay Lynn?"

I nod my head. "Sure Tate."

I disentangle myself from Tate, and walk towards my car again.

Behind me, I hear a faint whisper. I love you Lynn. The voice says. I know I must have misheard. Right?

-------

OMG PEOPLE!!!
I almost have 10000 views!
*turns into a fangirl*
"I LOVE YOU WATTPAD!"
*starts hugging air*
*crush walks in*
"What are you doing?"
"Fangirling, DUH!"
😂
Thanks for the views guys!
Love y'all!

Vote/comment for meh!

-JKO