Chapter 16- Alpha Jack Vex

Pic of the forest Lynn grew up in^^

Veni, vidi, vici.
-Julius Caesar
I came, I saw, I conquered.

-Lynn's POV-

We pull up to a gigantic boat that looks like it cost over a million dollars, at least. Jack has so much money, he could use it as toilet paper. Not even kidding.

How often I had wished for my own everything as a child. Then once I could finally have it, I didn't want it anymore. Ironic, isn't it.

Me and irony are pretty close after all these years though.

My father yells up to the deck hands, "Let down a line, imbiciles."

Such endearing terms this man has. He called me names my whole life, so I should be used to it by now. Even so, being called a name by my father is a bit frightening, or, it would be. Only if I knew I couldn't kill him. But, judging from how I could've killed him minutes ago, he's lost some of his strength.

The line is let down. I steadily climb up after my father does, eventually heaving myself over the side.

Standing there on the deck is the three.

My father, as usual, nonchalant. My mother, as usual, drooling over Jack. Jack, as usual, looking the picture of innocence when he is, in fact, the devil in disguise.

Tate is next to climb over the side, and as soon as he sees Jack, he walks to my side and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me back into his chest.

I think if I had a heart, it would melt.

Fortunately for us both, I still haven't gotten one.

Kade crawls over the side next and he stands next to Tate, so they're standing behind me for support.

I honestly wonder why Jack didn't just cut the line after my father and I were up. He always has a strategy, so I'm sure it wasn't some kindness developing late. The phrase 'too little, too late' comes to mind.

A nasty sneer crawls onto his face, "Well, well, well. You've grown up nicely, haven't you mate." How my hatred grows with each word that spews from his sly lips. His eyes rake over my body, making me uncomfortable. I haven't felt this exposed since I was forced to strip for an examination once I'd enlisted.

Tate tenses behind me once he realizes that Jack is practically undressing me with his eyes.

I slip my hand over the one on my waist, and draw little circles on the back of his hand to calm him down. His body relaxes behind me, realizing that, momentarily, he has me.

"Isn't that just precious," Jack sneers. "What a beautiful couple you two make."

"Your sarcasm cuts deep," I tell him, placing my other hand over my heart.

He just keeps staring at me. It's quite creepy how long he's been looking. "I noticed you picked up more rogue trash," he says finally, gesturing towards Kade.

Kade is shaking with barely concealed fury. He hadn't chosen this life. It was his only option. I reach out my arm, and place a hand on his shoulder. He turns to look at me and I mouth "I got this" to him. He just nods and tries to calm himself.

"He's not trash. It's funny, Jack, how even rogues such as ourselves," I say, gesturing between me and Kade, "have better morals, even more morals than you. You're supposed to be an Alpha. You don't look like much to me."

He has gotten quite riled by the time I've finished my speech. "I don't need to prove anything to you."

"Sure," I tell him, with a smirk. Jack has a weird sense of pride. He won't stop until he makes me say that he's strong. I will never tell him that. Never.

If he is so weak, I wonder how he's fought his wolf all these years.

"Let's break up this little party, shall we," Jack says.

Soon enough, pack warriors and even rogues come surging out of the underbelly of the ship. I wonder how they all fit.

Directed towards the warriors, I yell, "I don't want to fight you, but if you approach any of us you will die."

"We fight for Alpha Jack's mate. You killed our Luna!" They yell in unison, each radiating pure rage about my accused crime.

"The only murderer here is Jack. I was his mate, but he rejected me after I caught his with another girl. He killed the Luna part of me, and now he's kidnapped me so that he can forcefully mark me and get his powers," I tell the soldiers, looking directly into their eyes so they can see my sincerity.

Some believe me, and lower their fists and relax. Some, like the man who accused me earlier, stand at attention, with angry fists ready.

"I see you've been training them Jack," I tell him. Walking towards one of the men who is in stance, I take my pointer finger and lower his punching elbow an inch. "But not good enough."

When the man whose elbow I'd just adjusted, takes a swing at me from behind, I duck and land a quick succession of kicks to his stomach, and then the back of his knees.

"Not nearly good enough," I complete my thought.

In one moment, I'm standing on the deck, and then next, I'm being swung at by five men.

Pathetic. Thinking numbers impress me. Stupid.

"You think that I, Lynn Decri, after everything, am going to fall to five. Little. Pathetic. Kids?" With each word I land a heavy kick or a punch on the men in front of me. One gets a hard uppercut that knocks the wind out of him, making him collapse. Another gets a sharp punch to the jaw that knocks him out. The third gets a broken nose, and he passed out at the sight of his own blood. It's like they weren't even trying. The fourth and fifth, back away slowly, hands in front of their faces, and the other three are dragged back so that they're away from me.

I smile in satisfaction, until I hear a rusty creak from above me.

I look up and see a giant dome of silver above me, about to drop. I sprint to get out from under it, but gravity beats me to it. The trap drops one foot in front of me. I skid to a stop because of the burning sensation in the hand I tried to stop myself with. Bloody hell, I hate silver.

Tate and Kade are trying to escape.
My mother is laughing.
My father is watching my mother.
Jack is smirking.

I think they all forgot that I always come prepared.

Who knows when you'll need a gun, right?

--------

VOTE
COMMENT
THANKS FOR READING

-JKO

STAY CLASSY✨