Chapter 7- An Injured Doomsday Prepper

Oh-oh-oh
It's magic!
You know....
Never believe it's not so!
It's magic!
You know....
Never believe it's not so!
-Magic

-Lynn's POV-

I run towards the scream, turning corners fast.

I hear someone scream again, closer this time. I stop running and creep closer to the door the screams are coming from behind. I pull a gun from my waistband, I always carry one around. I put my finger on the trigger, and kick down the door. I point the gun around the room, but stop when I see a chained and gagged Hank, with cuts and bruises covering his face. He is shirtless, and has more cuts covering his chest.

"Lynn?" He calls weakly, it's muffled around the gag though so it comes out more as a 'Lsfrs?'.

"Hey Hank. You look shitty."

He chuckles, but it soon turns into a cough. He grimaces once he has finished hacking, and says, "Can you untie me?"

I nod. Walking towards him I cut the bonds with my nails, having partially shifted when I saw him. He stands and stretches, and groans.

I calm down and become fully human again. I lean in to hug him, and he practically breaks all my bones with his hug. "Thank you." He solemnly whispers in my ear.

"You almost gave me a heart attack! What happened anyways?" He looks down as if ashamed. I sigh. "Let's go to the kitchen, find the first aid kit, and get you some food. Then we can talk, ok?"

He smiles. "Okay Lynn. Thank you."

We walk to the kitchen together. I make him sit in a chair, and grab him a glass of water and a granola bar. He digs in, most likely having not eaten for a while. I smile at him and grab the first aid kit from under the sink. I open it on the counter, pulling out the band aids, gauze, antiseptic, and butterfly bandages.

Hank frowns and I glare at him. "I am cleaning your cuts."

"Bu-" He protests.

I cut him off. "No arguments."

I dab the alcohol onto the gauze and sweep it over his cuts. He clenches his jaw and lets out a hiss of pain. I give him a pointed look, and he stops trying to move.

I apply band aids to the small cuts, and butterfly bandages to hold the larger ones closed. I even have to wrap part of his arm in gauze because he has such a large cut.

The strange thing is that none of his cuts are bleeding. It's almost as if they cut just below his skin, to cause maximum pain and no loss of blood. It's like torture... He was tortured. I'm certain. But for what? Why didn't he tell me? He's probably scared and hurting.

He sighs once all the bandages are applied. "Thanks Lynn."

"No problem Hank." I tell him. "No tell me, why were you being tortured? And by who?"

He groans. "I knew it wouldn't take you long to figure it out. And it was one man who went by the name Alpha. Was he a werewolf Lynn? When you told me, I was honored you trusted me. This guy seemed not to know that I knew, and he kept his wolf in check. I saw his eyes change a few times when he was... questioning me."

"I'm sorry Hank. I think it was a werewolf, and he managed to get passed all of your security. Interesting. Did they use any other name besides Alpha?"

"Umm... I think maybe Alpha Jack Vex."

I gulp. Shit! How did he know who Hank was? He is such an ass. I'm going to kill him someday and feel no remorse.