Characters and Setting

THE CROWN OF THORN

By Alexandria Francetic

Inspired by the Japanese comic "Ibara no Kanmuri" by Yoko Kamio

https://myanimelist.net/manga/50813/Ibara_no_Kanmuri

CHARACTERS

Nobara Fukami

A 16 year old high school student with the ability to see spirits. With a name meaning "wild rose," she is blunt and unfriendly around others, until a demon shows up at her home to claim her soul.

Lucio

The false name of the demon who has trapped Nobara inside her house to keep her from escaping, intent on devouring her soul as "payment" for extending her life as part of a deal her grandfather made when she was a child. His true name is yet to be discovered.

Seichiro Henmi

A 17 year old boy who is also Nobara's childhood friend, but the two have drifted apart over the years. He shows up at Nobara's home to pay her a visit, but he is also contracted to a demon of his own. Like Nobara, since he has made a pact with a demon, he too can see demons and spirits.

Lee

A sly demon who is contracted to Seichiro since he was a child, and is slowly sucking the life force out of him. He craves Nobara as superior prey, and uses Seichiro to lure Nobara to him.

SETTING

The living room of Nobara Fukami's large, western-style house, situated at the outskirts of an ordinary Japanese town.

TIME

The day of Nobara's sixteenth birthday, in the afternoon she returns home from school.

The following day. And the next morning in the final resolution.

ACT I

Scene 1:  Nobara's living room. Present time.

Scene 2:  Nobara's living room. The next morning.

Scene 3:  Nobara's living room. The afternoon.

Scene 4:  Nobara's living room. The evening.

Scene 5:  Nobara's living room. Late at night.

Scene 6:  Nobara's living room. The next morning.

NOTE: The formatting of this script was slightly altered to fit the text structure of Wattpad's system. If you wish to read the play script in its original form with the accurate script formatting, you can read it here on Google Docs: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p2c9YR_2lV0Fm1nu2CHyFzDjRVr65QU19z2FixWCh4I/edit?usp=sharing

This is also not a full recreation of the original manga in script format. It is loosely inspired by the manga with some similar events, but structured to be condensed and to take place all in one location because those were the guidelines set for me during my assignment.